Rolo Pretzels Recipe
This Rolo pretzels recipe is so quick and easy! Only 10 minutes and 3 ingredients needed to make these creamy, crunchy, chocolaty treat. They are a classic Christmas holiday treat. These are the most fun, easy and delicious little snack or dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Rolo pretzels are quick and easy.
- Only about 10 minutes needed total.
- Serve as “reindeer food” or in gift boxes for Christmas.
- Serve alongside these Puff Pastry Christmas Trees!
- Only 3 ingredients required.
- They are great for any occasion.
- Switch out the M&Ms for any holiday.
- This recipe can be easily made with gluten free pretzels.
- Check out these Vegan Peanut Butter Cups for another fun festive candy!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Rolo pretzels. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Both regular and gluten free pretzels work well. Choose ones that are not flavored. Garlic or herb pretzels will not work. Try this Pretzel Crack with leftover pretzels.
Rolo candies easily melt. In addition, they add a great chocolate and caramel flavor. If desired, replace with Hershey’s kisses.
Lastly, use any type of M&M’s. Or, use pecans and make a caramel turtle flavor.
What are Rolo Pretzels?
Rolo pretzels are a fun little treat!
They are made from a pretzel, soft gooey Rolo candy and M&M.
These are quick and easy to make.
They are great in gift boxes, charcuterie boards or as reindeer food.
Although typically served for the holidays, they can be made any day.
Switch out the color of the M&M’s to suit the occasion.
Taste & Texture
These Rolo pretzels are sweet and chocolaty. They have the best sweet and salty flavor!
They are crunchy, chocolaty and creamy. If eaten warm, they are melty and gooey. If chilled, they are chewy and crispy.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Place the pretzels on the lined pan.
Unwrap Rolo candies. Place one Rolo on each pretzel.
Bake for 3 minutes or until Rolo’s are just beginning to melt.
Remove from oven. Immediately press one M&M on top of each Rolo.
Finally, either eat immediately (they will be melty) or chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use fresh crispy pretzels. Do not use stale pretzels.
Use pretzels that can uphold the Rolo’s. Do not use pretzel rods.
Only bake until the Rolo’s are beginning to melt. Do not let them fully melt or burn.
Do not try to melt in the microwave. This will not work.
Immediately press the M&M on top. Do not press down too far.
Consider these fun additions.
Instead of Rolo’s, feel free to use Hershey’s kisses or Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Replace M&M’s with a pecan, peanut, cashew, walnut or other nut.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Rolo pretzels either warm or chilled.
They are great by themselves or as part of a dessert spread.
Add them to a platter as part of a charcuterie board. These Hershey Kiss Cookies are fun too!
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Or, freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are also called Christmas hugs.
Rolo’s are not certified gluten free, but The Hershey Company does list them under their gluten free items list.
Most M&M’s are gluten free, but some are not. Pretzel M&M’s are not gluten free. As always, double check ingredients list.
You May Also Like
- Chocolate Covered Orange
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears
- Gluten Free Snickers Bars
- Healthy Twix Bars
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Rolo Pretzels
- First, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the pretzels on the pan.
- Unwrap Rolo candies. Place one Rolo on each pretzel.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until Rolo's are just starting to melt.
- Remove from oven. Immediately press one M&M on top of each Rolo.
- Finally, either eat immediately (they will be gooey!) or chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Both regular and gluten free pretzels can be used.
- Bake only until Rolo’s are starting to melt. Do not bake too long.
- If desired, replace Rolo’s with Hershey’s kisses.
- Feel free to use pecans instead of M&Ms.
- These can be eaten immediately for a melty, warm, gooey bite.
- Or, chill in the fridge until firm.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- These are great chilled or frozen too.
Love these Rolo pretzels? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!