Hershey Kiss Cookies
These Hershey kiss cookies are too cute! They feature a soft baked chocolate cookie rolled in sugar. Then, a Hershey kiss is pressed into the middle. The end result is a chocolaty, rich and delicious cookie! These cookies take only 20 minutes total. They are festive for the Christmas holiday season, Valentine’s Day, birthdays and more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Hershey kiss cookies are quick and easy.
- They take only 20 minutes.
- The dough is mixed together in one bowl.
- No dough chilling required.
- They are rich and decadent.
- These cookies are great for any holiday or special occasion!
- They can be made with gluten free flour.
- For the classic version, make these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Hershey kiss cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
First, use unsalted cold butter from the fridge. Do not use softened or melted butter. This prevents the cookies from spreading too thin. They need to be a little thick to hold up the chocolate kiss.
Both regular sugar and brown sugar add sweetness. I have not tried using another sweetener.
A little vanilla adds some homemade flavor.
Only one egg needed. I have not tried substituting the egg in this recipe. For egg free cookies, make these Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Baking powder helps these cookies rise.
Cocoa powder adds chocolate flavor. Both regular and dark cocoa powder work well.
Melted chocolate adds even more chocolate. Feel free to use milk, semisweet or dark chocolate. Melt fully before adding to the mixing bowl.
Use either regular all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Do not use another flour.
Lastly, use unwrapped Hershey kisses. Any flavor can be used!
Taste & Texture
These Hershey kiss cookies are chocolaty, rich and delicious. They taste like a chocolate sugar cookie with a chocolate kiss.
These cookies are soft, thick and melt in your mouth. The kiss becomes slightly melty at first. It will firm up once cool.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cold butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix on high for 2 to 3 minutes, until completely creamy.
Add in vanilla and egg. Stir to combine.
Then, add in baking powder, cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
Add in the flour. Stir to combine.
Add about 3 tablespoons of white sugar to a shallow bowl. Roll cookie into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in the white sugar until covered.
Place on baking pan at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies look set around the edges.
Remove from oven. Immediately press a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Finally, allow Hershey’s kiss cookies to fully cool before eating.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Use cold butter. Do not use softened or melted butter.
Mix the butter and sugars on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix until no clumps of butter remain.
Use either all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Do not substitute.
The cookie dough is slightly thick.
Roll cookie dough into 1 inch sized balls.
Roll dough balls until completely covered in sugar.
Handle baked Hershey kiss cookies carefully. They are soft.
Immediately after baking, press a Hershey’s kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Here are some fun ways to switch up these Hershey kiss cookies!
Use mini Reese’s peanut butter cups in the middle.
Use Rolo’s in the middle.
Switch up the flavor of the kiss.
Roll in sprinkles instead of sugar.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Hershey kiss cookies once cool enough to handle. They are soft and fragile.
Serve with milk, coffee, hot chocolate or ice cream!
These are great for Christmas cookie gift boxes.
Or, serve as part of a dessert board or charcuterie board.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Freeze for 1 month if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Try this Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe.
Sure. Use Rolo’s, mini Oreos or mini peanut butter cups instead.
No. It gives the Hershey kiss cookies a nice coating, but can be omitted. Feel free to roll in sprinkles instead.
Use candy cane Hershey kisses!
Use gluten free flour to keep them gluten free. Hershey kisses are naturally gluten free.
You May Also Like
If you make this Hershey kiss cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Hershey Kiss Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cold butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix on high for 2 to 3 minutes, until completely creamy. Mix until no clumps of butter remain.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in baking powder, cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour. Stir to combine.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of white sugar to a shallow bowl. Roll cookie into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball thoroughly in the white sugar.
- Place on baking pan at least 2 inches apart. These cookies spread slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies look set around the edges.
- Remove from oven. Immediately press an unwrapped Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Finally, allow cookies to fully cool before eating.
- Use cold butter right from the fridge. This helps prevent the cookies from spreading too thin.
- Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well. Do not use another flour.
- The cookie dough will be a little bit thick.
- Roll dough into equal size 1 inch balls.
- These cookies are soft and fragile after they bake.
- Immediately press the Hershey kiss into the middle of the cookie. Do not wait until they cool.
- Feel free to use another flavor of Hershey kiss.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for 1 month if needed.
Love these homemade Hershey kiss cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!