Oreo Mug Cake
This Oreo mug cake is the quickest and easiest little dessert! It went viral on TikTok for good reason. This recipe requires only 2 minutes and 2 ingredients! It comes out soft, gooey, chocolaty, and decadent. This microwave mug cake tastes like cookies and cream in every bite!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Oreo mug cake is quick and easy to make.
- It requires only 2 ingredients.
- This recipe takes only 2 minutes from start to finish.
- It is soft, gooey, and moist.
- This treat is great for an impromptu dessert or for last minute guests.
- This single serve cake is great for one person.
- No need to turn on the oven or clean a bunch of dishes.
- The Oreo flavor is strong and delicious!
- Great for a small dessert, sweet treat, or snack.
- Any flavor Oreo works!
- No eggs, no baking powder, no flour, and no oven needed.
- This recipe can be made with gluten free Oreos.
- Both kids and adults love this quick and easy dessert.
- Check out these Oreo Brownies for another favorite!
What is an Oreo Mug Cake?
An Oreo Mug Cake is a delightful, moist, and flavorful dessert made right in a mug! It is cooked in the microwave.
It combines the rich taste of classic Oreos with the soft and spongy texture of a cake. Although it does not taste exactly like a classic layered cake, this is an easy and quick alternative.
This recipe requires only Oreos and milk.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Oreo mug cake. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use any flavor Oreo cookies. Gluten free, regular, and double stuffed all work well!
For the milk, use dairy free or regular. Almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, and coconut milk all work well.
Taste & Texture
The Oreo mug cake has a signature Oreo cookie flavor! It tastes like chocolate and cookies and cream.
Each spoonful has moist cake and creamy Oreo bits, giving you the ultimate dessert experience. This homemade mug cake is moist, gooey, and melt in your mouth delicious!
How to Make
First, add the Oreos to a microwave safe mug or bowl. Use a fork to crush up the Oreos into crumbs.
Pour in the milk. Mix together and continue to crush the Oreo cookies.
Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, depending on the strength of your microwave.
Finally, use an oven mitt to carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Top with whipped cream, chocolate chips, or ice cream if desired!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Crush the Oreo cookies as best as possible.
Since all microwaves are different, start with only 45 seconds. Then, check your mug cake.
If a toothpick inserted comes out with raw batter, microwave in additional 10 second increments.
The mug will be very hot. Use an oven mitt to carefully remove it from the microwave.
Since the mug cake will be hot, add a scoop of ice cream on top!
Experiment with different Oreo flavors, such as mint or peanut butter, to customize the mug cake.
How to Serve & Store
Once your Oreo mug cake is ready, feel free to enjoy it straight from the mug!
Top it with a scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for added decadence.
As for storage, this treat is best enjoyed fresh out of the microwave.
However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. The texture may not be as perfect as when freshly made.
Frequently Asked Questions
The TikTok Oreo mug cake is super quick and easy! Simply mix together crushed Oreo crumbs and milk. Then, microwave.
Use any flavor of Oreo cookies! I recommend trying regular, double stuffed, mint, peanut butter, red velvet, or vanilla.
I recommend using an 8 ounce mug cake, or one that holds about 1 cup of liquid. It is better to use a larger mug than necessary to prevent spillage.
Yes! Use a larger mug or a microwave safe bowl. Start with 1 minute in the microwave.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
While the classic Oreo Mug Cake is already a delicious treat on its own, you can always experiment with various flavor combinations and add ins. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
For peanut butter lovers, add a spoonful of creamy peanut butter to the batter for a delightful twist.
Or, sprinkle in some peanut butter chips to the batter.
Crush some mint flavored Oreos and mix them into the batter to create a refreshing and indulgent mint Oreo mug cake!
Or, try adding in some mint chocolate chips or Andes mints.
Throw in some chocolate chips or cookie dough pieces for an extra indulgent treat.
Add in some chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips to the batter. Try this Protein Mug Cake with chocolate chips!
If you wait until the mug cake is baked, add chocolate chips on top for a melty treat!
Top with some ice cream or whipped cream for a delicious dessert.
Microwave Safe Mug: These mugs are very large but great for microwaving!
Set of 4 Mugs: These mugs are slightly smaller and great for this mug cake recipe.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Oreo Donuts
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this Oreo mug cake recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Oreo Mug Cake
- 4 Oreo cookies, gluten free or regular
- 2 tbsp milk
- First, add the Oreos to a microwave safe mug or bowl. Use a fork to crush up the Oreos into crumbs.
- Pour in the milk. Mix together and continue to crush the Oreos.
- Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Finally, use an oven mitt to carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Top with whipped cream, chocolate chips, or ice cream if desired!
- Any type of Oreo works! I usually use Double Stuffed Gluten Free Oreos.
- The milk can be regular or dairy free.
- Crush the Oreo cookies as finely as you can.
- Since all microwaves are different, start with 45 seconds. Then, add more time in 10 second increments as needed.
- This mug cake is very hot! Handle carefully.
Love this Oreo mug cake? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!