These Oreo brownies are chocolaty, rich and decadent! This recipe is quick and easy to make. They have chewy edges, a gooey center, and loads of Oreos. The Oreo layer and crushed Oreo topping give these brownies an irresistible flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Oreo brownies are fudge like and gooey.
- They are quick and easy to make.
- The Oreos give them some extra crunch and flavor.
- They are extra chocolaty.
- If you have extra Oreos, try these Christmas Oreos or this Oreo Mug Cake!
- The Oreo filling adds a cookies and cream flavor!
- Both regular and gluten free flour can be used.
- Additionally, both regular and gluten free Oreos can be used.
- This recipe can be made gluten free or not.
- Check out these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies for another delicious dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Oreo brownies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use melted unsalted butter. If you only have salted butter, omit the pinch of salt. For dairy free, use melted coconut oil.
Any type of chocolate chips work. I recommend not using sugar free chocolate. Sugar free chocolate prevents that shiny top on the brownies.
White sugar can be replaced by coconut sugar for another option.
I do not recommend replacing the eggs. For a completely egg free version, make these Vegan Brownies.
A little cocoa powder adds even more chocolate flavor. Both regular and dark cocoa powder work well.
Vanilla extract adds a great homemade flavor.
Both regular flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well. If needed, cornstarch or tapioca starch can also be used as a direct substitute.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if desired. Chocolate and sea salt go well together. If using salted butter, feel free to omit.
Any type of Oreos work! Both regular and Double Stuff Oreos can be used. For this recipe, I used gluten free Double Stuff Oreos. See section below for different flavor options. If you have more Oreos, try these Cookies and Cream Cookies.
Taste & Texture
These Oreo brownies are chocolaty, rich and intense. They are perfect for a chocolate lover! The Oreos add a cookies and cream flavor.
These brownies are thick with slightly chewy edges. The middle is gooey and fudge like. The Oreos add a nice crunch factor.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, add melted butter and chocolate chips. Stir until completely smooth and creamy. If necessary, microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add white sugar and eggs. Whisk vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and frothy.
Pour melted chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Then, add in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, flour and sea salt. Stir to combine.
Pour half of this batter into the parchment lined brownie pan.
Place 16 Oreos on top of the brownie batter.
Next, pour the remaining brownie batter on top of Oreos.
Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
Bake for 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with only moist crumbs.
Finally, remove Oreo brownies from oven. Allow the brownies to completely cool before slicing into.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Measure all ingredients carefully.
If necessary, microwave butter and chocolate chips so that it becomes fully smooth and creamy.
Whisk the sugar and eggs for 2 to 3 minutes. This creates the shiny top!
Both regular flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well.
Use any type of Oreos.
Follow the step by step photos above for reference.
Do not over bake Oreo brownies. Insert toothpick into the middle. If it comes out with only moist crumbs, then brownies are done.
Be patient while they cool. Only slice into fully cooled brownies.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these fun flavor variations for Oreo brownies.
Use mint Oreos and add in a drop of mint extract to the batter.
Use chocolate hazelnut Oreos. Then, serve with a dollop of Nutella!
Use peanut butter Oreos.
Any type of Oreos can be used.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Oreo brownies once fully cooled.
Once sliced, they can be warmed up if desired. Brownies are great served warm, room temperature or chilled.
Serve with a tall glass of milk, hot chocolate or coffee.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream for the ultimate dessert. Or, try these Oreo Donuts!
Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Brownies chill and freeze well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any type of Oreos can be used. Both regular and Double Stuff work well. For these photos, I used gluten free Double Stuff Oreos.
Use gluten free Oreos and gluten free flour to keep them gluten free.
Sure! Use melted coconut oil instead of butter and dairy free chocolate chips. Oreos are naturally dairy free.
Yes, these brownies freeze well.
These homemade brownies are much better than store bought. If in a time pinch, they can technically be made with brownie mix. Make according to package directions. Then pour half the batter in the pan, top with Oreos, the remaining batter and sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
You May Also Like
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Small Batch Brownies
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cake
If you make this Oreo brownie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more sweet treats, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Oreo Brownies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add melted butter and chocolate chips. Stir until completely smooth and creamy. If needed, microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add white sugar and eggs. Whisk vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and frothy.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, flour and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of this batter into the parchment lined brownie pan.
- Place 16 Oreos on top of the brownie batter.
- Next, pour the remaining brownie batter on top of Oreos.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
- Bake for 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with only moist crumbs.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow brownies to completely cool before slicing into. They are gooey!
- To make this dairy free, use melted coconut oil instead of butter.
- If needed, quickly microwave the butter and chocolate chip mixture. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Vigorously whisk the sugar and eggs. This helps create the beautiful shiny top of the brownies.
- Both all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work. If needed, tapioca starch or cornstarch can also be used.
- Regular, Double Stuff or gluten free Oreos can be used.
- See step by step photos above for how to assemble brownies.
- Bake brownies only until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs. Do not over bake.
- It is very important to allow the brownies to fully cool before slicing into. They are gooey!
Love these Oreo brownies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!