Cookies and Cream Cookies
These cookies and cream cookies are soft, gooey, and filled with the classic cookies and cream flavor! This one bowl recipe is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. No dough chilling required. They take only 20 minutes total. Both kids and adults love them!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- If you’re a fan of cookies and cream, then you’ll absolutely love these cookies.
- They are soft and chewy with a rich, creamy flavor that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Only one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilling.
- Only 20 minutes from start to finish.
- They have white chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips and Oreos inside them!
- They can be made with gluten free ingredients or regular.
- They are thick, gooey and delicious.
- Both kids and adults love them.
- The cream cheese adds a soft texture and cheesecake flavor.
- Check out these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies for another fun dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for cookies and cream cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use cold unsalted butter right from the fridge. This helps prevent the cookies from spreading too thin. In addition, cut butter into small cubes. Beat together fully with the cream cheese.
Use room temperature cream cheese. Cold cream cheese is tough to mix. I have not tried this recipe with dairy free cream cheese, but it may work.
Both sugar and light brown sugar help sweeten these cookies. Coconut sugar may work as a sugar replacement. For refined sugar free, try these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Only one egg needed. For egg free, replace one egg with ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce.
Vanilla extract adds a classic homemade flavor.
Use either all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Do not use a direct substitute of almond flour, coconut flour or oat flour. For grain free, try these Almond Flour Cookies.
Baking soda helps leaven the cookies.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if desired.
Both white chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips add flavor. Feel free to use all white or all regular. Chopped chocolate bars can also be used.
Gently break apart Oreos. Both regular and gluten free work well. Use any flavor Oreos.
What is Cookies and Cream?
Cookies and cream is a classic flavor combination that has been around for decades. This flavor combination is commonly used for ice cream.
It typically consists of vanilla ice cream with bits of chocolate sandwich cookies mixed in.
The flavor is rich and creamy, with a slightly crunchy texture from the cookie bits.
In recent years, cookies and cream has become a popular flavor for a variety of desserts. These include cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
These cookies have bits of Oreos, white chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips mixed in. They are gooey, creamy and chocolaty.
Taste & Texture
These cookies and cream cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with the classic cookies and cream flavor we all know and love. They taste like classic chocolate chip cookies with Oreos and white chocolate chips. The cream cheese adds a slight cheesecake flavor.
The addition of crushed up chocolate sandwich cookies gives these cookies their signature cream flavor. In addition, it adds a bit of crunch to their otherwise soft texture. The cream cheese makes these cookies soft and fluffy.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cold butter, room temperature cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar. Beat on high until combined, about 1 minute.
Add in egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
Add in flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir until a thick dough forms.
Fold in white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and gently crushed Oreo pieces.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of dough onto lined pan. Gently press down on each dough ball with hands.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are set.
Finally, remove cookies and cream cookies from oven. Cool on pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow this recipe exactly as written for the best results.
Use cold butter from the fridge. Then, slice butter into small cubes. This helps make it easier to beat together with the cream cheese.
Use room temperature cream cheese. Place cream cheese on kitchen counter a couple hours before baking.
Only use half a block of cream cheese as this recipe calls for. Save the remaining half for another recipe.
Beat the cold butter and room temperature cream cheese together. Continue mixing until no clumps of butter remain.
Use either all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Do not use another flour.
The cookie dough will be relatively thick.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of cookie dough. This creates round, evenly sized cookies.
The cookies do not spread much. Therefore, press down slightly on the dough balls before baking.
Do not over bake. These cookies are meant to be soft and gooey.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
These gluten free cookies and cream cookies are delicious on their own. However, there are a few ways to switch up the flavor to make them even more interesting. Here are a few ideas.
If you are a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the batter.
For a fun twist, add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the batter before baking. This will give the cookies a subtle peanut butter flavor that pairs perfectly with the cookies and cream.
Use a flavored Oreo. Mint Oreos, peanut butter Oreos, red velvet Oreos and more would work well!
Use all white chocolate chips or all regular chocolate chips.
Replace chocolate chips with chopped chocolate bars.
How to Serve & Store
These cookies are perfect for any occasion and can be served in a variety of ways.
They are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Serve with an afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
To store these cookies, place them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze them for up to three months.
Simply place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use gluten free flour and gluten free Oreos to keep this recipe gluten free.
Any type of Oreos work well! Use regular or gluten free. Double stuffed work well too.
No. Cookies and cream is different from Oreo but they have very similar flavors.
Supposedly, cookies and cream was originated at South Dakota State University.
These cookies are more soft than classic cookies due to the cream cheese.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: This heavy duty stand mixer is great for baking cookies.
USA Pan 3 Piece Cookie Sheet Set: These are the best cookie sheets for baking.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: Line baking pans with parchment paper. These ones are already cut into the perfect size.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls are great for baking. This recipe does not need them due to the stand mixer.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: These are great measuring cups for making cookies.
Spatula: Remove cookies from pan once baked with a spatula.
You May Also Like
If you make this cookies and cream cookies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more sweet treats, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Cookies and Cream Cookies
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour, all purpose or gluten free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup Oreo pieces, regular or gluten free
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cold butter, room temperature cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar. Beat on high until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add in flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir until a thick dough forms.
- Fold in white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and gently crushed Oreo pieces.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of dough onto lined pan. Space at least 2 inches apart. Gently press down on each dough ball with hands.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Finally, remove cookies from oven. Cool on pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
- Use cold butter straight from the fridge.
- Use room temperature cream cheese.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugars together until fully creamy and no clumps of butter remain.
- Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well.
- The cookie dough will be thick.
- Use ice cream scoop to scoop balls of dough.
- Since these cookies do not spread much, gently press down on each ball of dough with hands.
- Do not bake too long. They are meant to be soft and gooey.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
Love these homemade cookies and cream cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!
6 Comments on “Cookies and Cream Cookies”
I made these last weekend and they were such a huge hit with everyone! A few people couldn’t even tell they were gluten free which was amazing!
My favorite ice cream flavor turned into a cookie! These were outrageous. The cream cheese in the recipe brings the best texture and decadence.
OMG! It’s like Cheesecake stuffed OREO! These were a hit at Sunday School! I am going to make another batch for Easter. TY!
I and my partner are cookies and cream fan. We tried making these cookies together and we had so much fun! Instructions are clear and easy to follow. We also topped some of our cookies with whipped cream and sprinkles and they also turned out so fine. Must try!
These cookies and cream cookies are the perfect indulgence! They come out so soft I could barely share. Perfect for family night.
Loved these cookies and cream cookies! They were so quick to whip up and simply delicious!