Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
These mini Oreo cheesecakes are so easy, creamy and chocolaty! They take only 25 minutes from start to finish. Great for birthdays, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and more. These mini cheesecakes with Oreo crust are such a fun and delicious little tasty dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These mini Oreo cheesecakes are so quick and easy.
- Much quicker and easier than a full cheesecake.
- The Oreo base acts like a crispy crunchy crust. It also adds chocolate flavor.
- These are great for any occasion.
- Add any toppings, frosting, sprinkles or more.
- Great for holidays, birthdays, and more.
- For the cookie version, check out these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.
- Use gluten free Oreos to keep this recipe gluten free.
- Check out this Gluten Free Cheesecake or this Oreo Cheesecake for another great recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Oreo cheesecake bites. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Oreos are the “crust” for these mini Oreo cheesecakes. They are also crumbled and folded into the cheesecake filling. Any type of Oreo works. I used gluten free. For shortbread cookies, try these Mini Cheesecakes.
Use room temperature cream cheese. This is extremely important! Room temperature softened cream cheese can cream together with the other ingredients. Cold cream cheese will yield clumps of cream cheese.
Granulated sugar goes into the filling to sweeten it. Do not substitute with a liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or honey. This will throw off the texture.
Sour cream gives these mini cheesecakes a great creamy texture. In addition, sour cream adds a slight tangy flavor.
Vanilla extract adds a great classic vanilla flavor.
The eggs allow the cheesecake filling to hold together nicely. Do not omit eggs or use an egg replacement.
Taste & Texture
These gluten free mini Oreo cheesecakes taste like vanilla cheesecake with an Oreo crust. Top with whipped cream and more crushed Oreos if desired!
The filling is smooth and creamy. The Oreos on the bottom of the mini cheesecakes is crispy, crunchy and becomes slightly caramelized when baking.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Place one Oreo in the bottom of each muffin liner.
Then, make cheesecake filling. Beat room temperature cream cheese in stand mixer for 2 minutes or until completely creamy.
Add in granulated sugar and sour cream. Next, beat until no clumps of cream cheese remain.
Then, add in vanilla extract and eggs. Beat until just combined. Do not over mix eggs.
Fold in crushed Oreos.
Add cheesecake filling on top of Oreo in muffin liners.
Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until cheesecakes are just slightly wobbly when pan is shaken.
Finally, remove mini Oreo cheesecakes from oven. Allow cheesecakes to cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Then transfer to the fridge to chill at least 2 hours up to overnight.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use room temperature cream cheese for best results. Do not use cold cream cheese. Beat cream cheese until no clumps remain.
Do not over mix the eggs. This will yield rubbery cheesecakes.
Avoid over baking Oreo mini cheesecakes. This will also lead to rubbery cheesecakes.
The cheesecakes will be slightly wobbly after baking. Gently shake the pan. If the cheesecakes slightly wobble, remove from oven. They will slightly thicken up while cooling.
Allow the mini cookies and cream cheesecakes to cool fully before eating.
How to Crush Oreos
To crush up Oreos, add Oreos to a zippered plastic bag.
Zip shut, removing air from bag.
Then take a mug, cup or rolling pin and crush Oreos.
The crushed Oreos add a great flavor throughout these mini cheesecake bites.
How to Serve & Store
Serve mini Oreo cheesecakes once chilled. Top with whipped cream, melted chocolate, chopped Oreos or mini chocolate chips.
They are great with frosting, icing or sprinkles on top.
For the ultimate dessert, top with hot fudge sauce or caramel sauce. Or, serve with these Oreo Donuts!
Store Oreo cookie cheesecakes in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Alternatively, freeze for up to 2 months.
Try this Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! If you have a mini cheesecake pan, go ahead.
Yes. The muffin liners really prevent sticking to the pan. I do not recommend making these without muffin liners.
Gently shake the pan. If the cheesecakes slightly wobble, they are done baking. They will firm up as they cool.
Sure! Use any flavor Oreos or double stuffed Oreos.
These Mini Cheesecakes use a shortbread cookie. Feel free to use any cookie that fits well into the muffin liner.
You May Also Like
If you make this mini Oreo cheesecake recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- First, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Place one Oreo in the bottom of each muffin liner.
- Then, make cheesecake filling. Beat room temperature cream cheese in stand mixer for 2 minutes or until completely creamy.
- Add in granulated sugar and sour cream. Beat until no clumps of cream cheese remain.
- Next, add in vanilla extract and eggs. Beat until just combined. Do not over mix eggs.
- Fold in crushed Oreos.
- Add cheesecake filling on top of Oreo in muffin liners.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until cheesecakes are just slightly wobbly when pan is shaken.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cheesecakes to cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Then transfer to the fridge to chill at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Any type of Oreos work! I used gluten free Oreos.
- Use room temperature cream cheese. This is very important. Cold cream cheese will not cream together with other ingredients.
- Do not over mix eggs. This will create rubbery cheesecakes.
- The cheesecakes should be slightly wobbly when pan is shaken. They will firm up once chilled.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
Love these mini Oreo cheesecakes? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!