Mini Skillet Cookie
This mini skillet cookie is warm, gooey, buttery and melt in your mouth delicious! It has the perfect flavors and textures. The edges are chewy while the center is gooey. This easy 15 minute dessert is great for any occasion! For the larger version, try this Pizookie Recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe takes only 15 minutes to make.
- It is made with only pantry staples.
- This mini skillet cookie is easier than making cookies.
- It has chewy edges and a soft gooey center.
- No need to wait for the recipe to cool. Dig in immediately!
- Great served with ice cream, whipped cream, or hot fudge sauce.
- I used gluten free flour to keep this recipe both gluten free and nut free.
- This recipe is fun for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, birthdays, and more.
- Check out this Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet for a similar dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for mini skillet cookie. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use melted butter, not softened butter. I recommend melting butter in the skillet that you are planning to bake the cookie in. That way, the butter is melted and the skillet is greased. Then, pour melted butter in a measuring cup and continue on with recipe. For dairy free, use coconut oil.
Both granulated sugar and brown sugar add the sweetness. Both regular and light brown sugar work well. For a deeper molasses flavor, use regular brown sugar.
The egg helps bind everything together. I have not tried making this eggless. I have previously had success with using applesauce in place of eggs. Check out these Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies for more tips and tricks.
A teaspoon of vanilla extract adds a delicious warm homemade flavor.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work. I do not recommend using any other flours.
Baking soda helps leaven the cookie slightly.
A pinch of sea salt adds a great salty touch. Feel free to omit if using salted butter.
Measure chocolate chips with your heart. Add as many or as few as you like. Alternatively, use chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips.
Taste & Texture
This mini skillet cookie tastes like a classic chocolate chip cookie! It is sweet, buttery and flavorful. The main flavors come from the butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips.
The edges are slightly chewy. In addition, the middle is gooey and soft.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 6 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray or melted butter.
In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
Then, add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
Add in flour, baking soda and sea salt. Then, stir until combined.
Then, fold in chocolate chips.
Spread cookie dough into an even layer in the greased skillet. Garnish with extra chocolate chips or sea salt if desired.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Finally, remove mini skillet cookie from oven. Dig in immediately for a warm and gooey cookie, or allow cookie to cool.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use melted butter.
Melt butter in the skillet. That way, the butter gets melted and the skillet becomes greased.
Spread the cookie dough into an even layer in the greased skillet.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well.
For a little extra flavor, top with extra sea salt and chocolate chips before baking.
Bake only 10 to 12 minutes.
The mini skillet cookie will look very soft and gooey when it comes out of the oven. It will slightly solidify as it cools down.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these fun flavor additions to your mini skillet cookie.
Add in M&Ms to the batter.
Use chopped chocolate chunks.
Use mini chocolate chips.
Replace regular chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.
Add in chopped pecans or walnuts.
Add in a pinch of cinnamon.
Top with ice cream, whipped cream or hot fudge sauce.
Add in crushed Oreos.
How to Serve & Store
Serve hot and fresh from the oven. This cookie is delicious served warm.
Top with vanilla or chocolate ice cream. This creates a delicious hot and cold sensation!
Additionally, top with whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a 6 inch skillet for this recipe. Use an oven safe skillet.
Sure! Cast iron skillets are great for this recipe.
Yes, this is the same thing as a pizza cookie.
Sure! Use coconut oil instead of butter. Additionally, use dairy free chocolate chips.
You May Also Like
- Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Brownie Skillet
- Almond Flour Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this mini skillet cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Mini Skillet Cookie
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 6 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray or melted butter.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Then, add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add in flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Then, fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into an even layer in the greased skillet. Garnish with extra chocolate chips or sea salt if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Only 10 minutes yield a nice gooey result!
- Finally, remove from oven. Dig in immediately for a warm and gooey cookie, or allow cookie to cool.
- I like to melt the butter in the skillet I am going to bake the cookie in. Then, the skillet is already greased with butter residue.
- I used a 6 inch nonstick oven safe skillet.
- I used gluten free 1 to 1 flour. All purpose flour can be used too.
- For a super gooey cookie as seen in the photos, bake for only 10 minutes.
- This cookie is great warm from the oven! Or, feel free to allow the cookie to cool before digging in.
- Store leftovers covered for up to 3 days.
Love this mini skillet cookie? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!