PALEO BROWNIE SKILLET
This Paleo Brownie Skillet is rich, intense and decadent! It’s incredibly easy to make. Topped with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream, this brownie skillet is a chocolate lover’s dream! I tweaked my favorite Fudgy Paleo Brownies to make this skillet. My other favorite skillet dessert is my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet. In addition, Cookie Dough Stuffed Brownies are another huge hit!
INGREDIENTS FOR PALEO BROWNIE SKILLET
COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil is a healthy fat common in Paleo eating. When melted with chocolate, it becomes super smooth and creamy.
DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Use dairy free chocolate chips to keep this recipe Paleo.
TAPIOCA FLOUR: A common Paleo flour, tapioca flour is reminiscent of cornstarch. Additionally, this grain free flour adds the perfect texture to this Paleo Brownie Skillet.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: egg, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sea salt
HOW TO MAKE PALEO BROWNIE SKILLET
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 6 inch cast iron skillet with nonstick spray.
In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stopping to stir between each, until melted.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg and coconut sugar for 2 minutes or until light and frothy.
Next, slowly pour melted chocolate into stand mixer and stir until combined.
Then, sift in cocoa powder and tapioca flour. After that, add in vanilla and sea salt and stir to combine.
Pour batter into greased skillet. Next, bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are crispy and middle is set.
Lastly, remove from oven and garnish with coconut milk ice cream if desired.
CAN I EAT CHOCOLATE ON A PALEO DIET?
Yes, chocolate can be eaten while eating Paleo. I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips because they are gluten free and dairy free. Although they add a small amount of sugar, I’ve found best baking results with this brand. For a completely Paleo chocolate, use unsweetened chocolate chips.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Brownie Skillet
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 6 inch skillet with olive oil spray.
- Next, add dark chocolate chips and butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until smooth and creamy.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg and coconut sugar until light and frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Then, slowly add in dark chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Sift cocoa powder and tapioca flour into mixer. Then, add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Next, pour batter into greased skillet and bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven and dig in! Sprinkle sea salt on top if desired.