Flourless Oatmeal Cookies
These flourless oatmeal cookies are super easy and delicious! They take only 15 minutes total. These flourless cookies are made in one mixing bowl and require only pantry staple ingredients. They are healthy enough for breakfast, but sweet enough for dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These flourless oatmeal cookies are quick and easy.
- Only one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilling required.
- Only 7 pantry staple ingredients needed.
- They are soft baked and gooey.
- They are made without added sugar, without butter and without oil.
- Each cookie contains 8 grams of protein.
- The peanut butter chocolate combination is so delicious!
- These cookies are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- Be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
- Check out these Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies for another sweet treat!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for flourless oatmeal cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt. Do not use a variety with added sugars or oils.
Two eggs help bind these cookies together. For a Vegan option, make these Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
A little vanilla extract adds extra flavor.
Pure maple syrup adds sweetness. Feel free to use honey.
The oats provide the substance. Use rolled oats instead of quick oats. Use certified gluten free oats.
Baking powder helps leaven the cookies.
Lastly, chocolate chips add the best flavor! Use any type of chocolate chips. To keep these dairy free, use dairy free chocolate chips.
Taste & Texture
These flourless oatmeal cookies taste like peanut butter, oats and chocolate. No surprises.
These cookies are gooey and soft baked. They are not chewy or dry.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add creamy peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
Then, add in oats and baking powder. Stir to combine.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a spoon to scoop balls of dough onto parchment paper.
Next, bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
Finally, remove flourless oatmeal cookies from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes. Lastly, transfer to a wire rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter.
Use rolled oats instead of quick oats. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
The cookie dough will be pretty thick. Be sure to mix thoroughly.
Use a spoon to scoop balls of dough onto pan. The dough is slightly sticky.
Any type of chocolate chips work.
Do not over bake. Bake only until cookies look gooey and barely set in the middle.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider adding these ingredients to the flourless oatmeal cookies.
Add in chopped walnuts.
Use mini chocolate chips.
Add in chopped pecans.
Use almond butter or cashew butter.
Add in white chocolate chips.
Add in a pinch of cinnamon.
Use dried cranberries.
How to Serve & Store
Serve flourless oatmeal cookies once slightly cooled from the oven. They are not overly fragile.
Serve with a glass of milk or cup of coffee. Or, serve with hot chocolate.
These cookies are great by themselves or with peanut butter on top!
Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Chill for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, peanut butter and regular butter are not substitutes for each other.
Oatmeal cookies are not necessarily healthier than regular cookies.
These cookies are fairly soft. They do not contain flour or granulated sugar, which typically help make cookies crispy.
Use gluten free oats to ensure they are gluten free.
These flourless cookies are made of oats and peanut butter.
You May Also Like
- Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
If you make this flourless oatmeal cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Flourless Oatmeal Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add creamy peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in oats and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to scoop balls of dough onto parchment paper. Dough should make about 10 cookies.
- Next, bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes. Lastly, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Use all natural creamy peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt. Do not use brands with added sugars or oils.
- Substitute honey for maple syrup if needed.
- Use rolled oats, not quick oats. To ensure this recipe is gluten free, use certified gluten free oats.
- Any chocolate chips work. I used refined sugar free Hu Kitchen.
- This cookie dough is a little sticky. Use a spoon to scoop out balls of dough.
- Bake until cookies are still gooey in the middle.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- These cookies taste delicious straight from the fridge.
Love these flourless oatmeal cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!