Cinnamon Spice Oatmeal
This cinnamon spice oatmeal recipe is warm, cozy, and creamy! It takes just 5 minutes to make. Make this oatmeal for a quick and easy breakfast or a filling snack. This recipe requires only 5 pantry staple ingredients. The cinnamon flavor is warm and naturally sweet. Kids and adults love this recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This cinnamon spice oatmeal is thick and creamy!
- It takes just 5 minutes to make.
- This recipe requires only 5 pantry staple ingredients.
- You probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
- Rich in fiber and nutrients, this oatmeal contributes to a balanced diet. In addition, oatmeal supports digestive health and provides sustained energy throughout the day.
- This oatmeal recipe is easy and convenient.
- With minimal ingredients and straightforward instructions, this recipe is easy to prepare, making it perfect for busy mornings.
- This versatile oatmeal recipe allows for many additions and variations.
- Add your favorite toppings to switch up the flavors.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, nut free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out this Vegan Oatmeal for another delicious recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutes
These are the ingredients and substitutes for cinnamon spice oatmeal. Scroll down to the recipe card below for the full recipe.
For the best results, use old fashioned rolled oats. They become softer than instant oats or quick oats. If needed, buy certified gluten free oats. I love Bob’s Red Mill gluten free oats.
To keep this recipe vegan, use plant based milk. Oat milk, coconut milk, almond milk, and cashew milk are great options.
Cinnamon adds a warm and cozy flavor.
In addition, pumpkin pie spice adds a fall flavor. Feel free to omit or replace it with a pinch of nutmeg.
Lastly, pure maple syrup adds natural sweetness. If desired, use honey.
Taste & Texture
This cinnamon spice oatmeal is naturally sweetened and warmly spiced. It tastes like cinnamon and oats. No flavor surprises here!
The texture is thick and creamy. The oatmeal becomes thicker as it continues to cook.
How to Make
First, add all of the ingredients to a saucepan over low medium heat.
Stir constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes, until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer into bowls.
Finally, top with more ground cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve!
Expert Tips for Success
To prepare cinnamon spice oatmeal, follow these expert tips.
Use old-fashioned oats to achieve a creamy texture with a slight chew
Avoid quick oats as they can become too mushy.
Feel free to adjust the cinnamon and other spices according to your preference.
Adjust the liquid quantity based on whether you prefer a thicker or more fluid oatmeal consistency.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
Cinnamon spice oatmeal is a delicious and versatile breakfast option! There are many different ways to flavor and customize it to your liking. Here are a few ideas.
Fruits: Enhance the natural sweetness by adding fresh or dried fruits such as apples, bananas, or berries.
Nuts and Seeds: Add a crunch and nutrients with a sprinkle of nuts or seeds like almonds, walnuts, or chia seeds.
Sweeteners: Customize the sweetness level with additions like honey, maple syrup, or a dash of vanilla extract. Add a little coconut sugar on top!
Chocolate: Once cooked, add some chocolate chips on top. They become melted and gooey!
Peanut Butter: Drizzle some peanut butter on top. This adds protein and a creamy texture.
How to Serve & Store
Serve your cinnamon spice oatmeal hot and fresh. Garnish with your choice of fruits, nuts, or a sprinkle of extra cinnamon.
For a moist option, pour a little milk on top.
This oatmeal pairs well with this oat milk hot chocolate!
To store, allow the oatmeal to cool before transferring it to an airtight container.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days, reheating gently on the stove or in a microwave before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can use water, but using milk (dairy or plant based) provides a creamier texture and richer flavor.
Absolutely! Prepare a larger batch, and you have a quick and nourishing breakfast option ready for several days.
Yes, you can prepare the oatmeal in a slow cooker by adjusting the cooking time and ensuring there is enough liquid to prevent it from drying out.
Yes, this cinnamon and spice oatmeal is delicious!
The ingredients in Quaker cinnamon and spice oatmeal are: whole grain rolled oats, sugar, salt, cinnamon and other spices, calcium carbonate, guar gum, caramel color, niacinamide, reduced iron, vitamin A palmitate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, and folic acid.
Saucepan: Make the cinnamon spice oatmeal in this saucepan.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Enjoy
- Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Flourless Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
If you make this easy healthy cinnamon spice oatmeal recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! Check out these Breakfast Recipes for more great ideas.
Get the Recipe: Cinnamon Spice Oatmeal
- First, add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan over low medium heat.
- Stir consistently, for 4 to 5 minutes, until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. It thickens up as it cooks.
- Remove from the heat. Transfer into bowls.
- Lastly, top with more ground cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired!
Love this homemade oatmeal with cinnamon recipe? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes, and updates!