Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These Vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies have the best chocolate peanut butter flavor! The oatmeal adds a great chewy texture. These gluten free oatmeal peanut butter cookies are easy to make, crunchy, crispy and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies are so easy to make.
- They taste like a mix between a peanut butter cookie and oatmeal cookie!
- These gluten free Vegan cookies are made in one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilling time required.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and Vegan.
- Check out these Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies and these Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies for more great desserts!
Ingredients & Substitutions
A little dairy free milk thins out the dough. Since these cookies are eggless, they need a little moisture. Any dairy free milk works. I used unsweetened almond milk and it worked well!
Maple syrup is a great Vegan liquid sweetener. It adds sweetness and flavor. Date syrup or honey (not technically Vegan) can be used in its place.
Creamy peanut butter adds the best flavor! Use peanut butter that made with only peanuts and salt. Stir before using. Creamy almond butter or cashew butter works well too. To make these nut free, SunButter is a great option. Use slightly less SunButter since it is so runny. I suggest doing ½ cup minus 1 to 2 tablespoons to start then adjusting the amount depending on the dough texture.
A little vanilla extract adds the perfect cookie flavor.
Baking soda acts as the leavening agent, although these cookies do not rise much while baking.
Gluten free 1 to 1 flour makes these cookies both Vegan and gluten free. I recommend using a high quality gluten free flour blend, such as King Arthur Flour. For non gluten free, all purpose flour can be used.
Gluten free old fashioned oats add such a great chewy texture. If not gluten free, use regular old fashioned oats. I suggest not using rolled oats since they are smaller and not quite as soft. These Vegan oatmeal peanut butter cookies have the best texture thanks to the oats.
Mini dark chocolate chips add the perfect little pop of chocolate throughout. Use Vegan chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life brand. Any size works!
Taste & Texture
These Vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies taste like chocolate and peanut butter! They are slightly reminiscent of a Reese’s peanut butter cup. They are sightly nutty and hearty.
The oatmeal adds a great chewy texture. These cookies are crispy, chewy and crunchy.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add almond milk, maple syrup, creamy peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Next, fold in chocolate chips.
Use cookie scoop or spoon to form balls of dough. Place balls of dough onto lined baking pan. Use fingers to slightly flatten each cookie.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies look set in the middle.
Lastly, remove pan from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes. Then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use creamy peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt. Stir before using. Peanut butter with added oils and sugars will yield thicker, more dry cookies.
Do not substitute for the flour. Only gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work. Almond flour, coconut flour, or other flours are not suitable for this recipe.
Bake until cookies are just set in the middle. These cookies are crunchy and crispy by nature, so do not over bake.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies once they have slightly cooled. They are not fragile or too soft. They are great with oat milk, almond milk, coffee or hot chocolate!
Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days. They can be stored in the fridge, but they will be extra crunchy.
Freeze cookies for up to 1 month if desired.
For breakfast, try this Vegan Oatmeal!
Variations & Add Ins
Here are some great ideas to add to the Vegan oat peanut butter cookie dough before baking.
White chocolate chips
Peanut butter chips
Regular sized dark chocolate chips
For thicker cookies, try these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Frequently Asked Questions
Oats themselves are naturally gluten free. Most oats are processed on equipment that is shared with wheat products. I recommend buying labeled gluten free oats.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt.
Sure! Substitute SunButter for the peanut butter and use 1 to 2 tablespoons less than the ½ cup called for. This is due to the fact that SunButter is very runny.
You May Also Like
If you make this Vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, see these Vegan Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use cookie scoop or spoon to form balls of dough. Place balls of dough onto lined pan. Use fingers to press down on each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies look set in the middle.
- Remove pan from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes. Then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Any dairy free milk works. Oat milk is another great option!
- Use creamy peanut butter that is made with only peanuts and salt. Stir before use.
- I love King Arthur Flour gluten free 1 to 1 flour for baking. It replicates all purpose flour really well.
- If not gluten free, all purpose flour can be used.
- I recommend old fashioned oats rather than rolled oats. They are slightly larger and softer.
- I specifically buy gluten free oats, but regular oats will work.
- Feel free to use regular sized chocolate chips if desired.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Love these Vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!