4 Ingredient Cookies
These 4 ingredient cookies are super easy and shockingly delicious! They take less than 20 minutes from start to finish. These cookies are healthy and great for both kids and adults. Healthy enough for breakfast and sweet enough for dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These 4 ingredient cookies are quick and easy.
- They are made in one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilling required.
- They are made without eggs, without butter, without sugar and without flour.
- Feel free to add in your favorite mix ins!
- They are great for breakfast, afternoon snacks and desserts.
- They are perfect for kids and school lunches.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and Vegan.
- They are based on these Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for 4 ingredient cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use ripe bananas for best results. They are naturally sweet and easily mashed. For this recipe, about 3 small or 2 regular bananas are needed.
Old fashioned rolled oats add a delicious chewy texture. Both gluten free rolled oats and regular rolled oats work well. I do not recommend quick oats for this recipe.
All natural creamy peanut butter adds heartiness and flavor. In addition, the peanut butter makes these cookies filling. It adds protein too! Use an all natural peanut butter. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt. Peanut butter with added sugars and oils is too thick.
Any type of chocolate chips work. I used mini for this recipe, but regular work well too. Dark, semisweet, milk and white chocolate chips are all great options.
Taste & Texture
These 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies taste like banana, peanut butter and chocolate. They are not overly sweet. The taste is a mix between baked oatmeal and banana bread.
The texture is chewy, soft and thick. The rolled oats add all the texture.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out balls of dough. Then, place on lined baking pan.
Use hands to flatten each ball of dough. These cookies do not spread at all while baking.
Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
Finally, remove from oven. Cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use ripe bananas for best results. They are naturally sweet.
Old fashioned rolled oats are much better than quick oats for these cookies.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. It is slightly runny. Stir peanut butter well before measuring.
After scooping out balls of dough, flatten each cookie.
These 4 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies do not spread while baking. So, whichever shape they enter the oven, they will end up that way.
Store cookies in the fridge or freezer. Due to the banana, they become slightly brown after a couple days if left at room temperature.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
These 4 ingredient cookies are delicious as is! Consider these fun add ins.
White chocolate chips
Dash of cinnamon
Teaspoon of vanilla extract
Tablespoon of maple syrup
Tablespoon of honey
How to Serve & Store
Serve cookies once cool enough to handle. They are not very fragile or overly soft.
Serve with a glass of milk, coffee or hot chocolate.
These cookies are a great grab and go breakfast. Additionally, add them to kids’ lunches, serve as an after school snack or dessert.
Store cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Alternatively, store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use an all natural creamy peanut butter. It should contain only peanuts and salt.
If you only have quick oats, that is fine. The cookies will be less chewy.
There are many different brands of Vegan chocolate chips. I like Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips.
Use gluten free rolled oats for gluten free cookies.
If left at room temperature, these cookies start to turn brown due to the banana.
You May Also Like
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
If you make this 4 ingredient cookies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: 4 Ingredient Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out balls of dough. Place on lined baking pan.
- Use hands to flatten each ball of dough. These cookies do not spread while baking.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven. Cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Use ripe bananas for best results. About 3 small or 2 medium sized bananas are needed to make 1 cup.
- Use old fashioned rolled oats, not quick oats. I used gluten free.
- All natural creamy peanut butter is best for this recipe. Do not use peanut butter that has added sugars, oils or other ingredients.
- The cookie dough will be slightly thick.
- Since these cookies do not spread while baking, press down on each ball of dough prior to baking.
- These cookies are not overly sweet. For a sweeter cookie, add in 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey to the dough.
- Store cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- These cookies freeze well!
Love these 4 ingredient cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!