3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
These 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies are the easiest cookies ever! They have a soft texture and delicious banana flavor. These cookies take only 15 minutes from start to finish. They are easy enough for kids to make!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies are so quick and easy.
- They are made with only 3 ingredients. So are these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies!
- They are healthy enough for breakfast.
- This recipe calls for pantry staple ingredients.
- They are sweet enough for dessert.
- Great for kids to make!
- They are a delicious lunchbox treat, afternoon snack or post dinner dessert.
- This recipe is flourless, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and Vegan. They can be easily made sugar free.
- Check out these 4 Ingredient Cookies which are tasty!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
For best results, use ripe bananas. Look for brown speckled bananas. They should not be fully black or fully yellow. Do not use green bananas. For this recipe, there is no substitute.
Old fashioned rolled oats add a great texture. In addition, the oats give the cookies some structure. Quick oats may be used, but the cookies will have less texture.
Lastly, use any type of chocolate chips! Feel free to use Vegan, dairy free or sugar free to suit your dietary preferences. Alternatively, use mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
See the section below titled Flavor Variations & Add Ins for more flavor ideas.
Taste & Texture
These 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies taste similar to chocolate chip banana bread. They are naturally sweet. The two most common flavors are banana and chocolate. No surprises!
The texture is soft baked, slightly gooey and moist. They are more fragile and gooey right out of the oven. Even after cooling, they are not crispy or overly chewy.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix mashed bananas and oats together.
Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out balls of dough onto the parchment lined pan.
Then, use your hands to flatten into a cookie shape. These cookies do not spread at all while baking.
Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
Finally, remove 3 ingredient oatmeal banana cookies from oven.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For the best flavor, use brown speckled bananas. Do not use green or black bananas.
Use old fashioned rolled oats for more varying textures than quick oats.
If the cookie batter is too runny, add in slightly more oats.
For gluten free, use gluten free oats.
After scooping out balls of dough, use hands to flatten slightly. These cookies do not spread while baking.
Whichever shape they enter the oven in, is the shape they will end up in.
These cookies are very fragile and gooey when they come out of the oven. Allow them to cool on pan for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Due to the banana, store cookies in the fridge.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
These cookies are a blank canvas. Feel free to add in some flavors.
Dash of cinnamon
Mini chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
How to Serve & Store
Serve 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies once cooled. They are very gooey when warm!
Serve with a tall glass of milk, coffee, or hot chocolate.
They are great by themselves for breakfast, snacks or dessert.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Alternatively, store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
These banana oat cookies are made with healthy ingredients.
Yes, banana oatmeal cookies should be refrigerated. Due to the ripe bananas, they can become slightly browned if left at room temperature.
Use old fashioned rolled oats.
Use gluten free oats for gluten free cookies.
You May Also Like
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix mashed bananas and oats.
- Then, fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out balls of dough onto parchment lined pan.
- Then, use hands to flatten into cookie shape. These cookies do not spread while baking.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven.
- For best results, use ripe bananas.
- Use old fashioned rolled oats instead of quick oats for more texture. I used gluten free oats.
- I used dairy free chocolate chips to keep this recipe both Vegan and dairy free.
- The batter will be pretty moist.
- Use hands to press cookie dough balls down into cookie shapes. These cookies do not spread at all in the oven.
- They are gooey when they come out of the oven! Handle carefully.
- Store cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- These cookies freeze well. Thaw before eating.
Love these 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!