Chocolate Covered Blueberries
These chocolate covered blueberries are super quick and easy to make! Only 3 ingredients required. The chocolate coating is smooth, creamy and decadent. The berries are juicy, naturally sweet and delicious. This simple recipe is great for holidays, late night dessert or afternoon snacks!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These chocolate covered blueberries are simple.
- This recipe requires only 3 ingredients.
- Try these Rolo Pretzels for another fun snack.
- No oven required! This recipe is no bake.
- This is a healthier dessert option.
- These chocolate berry clusters are suitable for many diets.
- Use vegan chocolate chips to keep this dairy free and vegan.
- Use sugar free chocolate chips for Paleo and low carb diets.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, egg free and nut free.
- Check out this Chocolate Covered Orange for another delicious fruity dessert.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for chocolate covered blueberries. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Any type of chocolate works! Chocolate chips and chopped chocolate bars are great options. For vegan and dairy free, use vegan chocolate chips. Use sugar free for Paleo and low carb.
Coconut oil serves two purposes. First, it helps thin out the chocolate mixture. Secondly, coconut oil hardens when chilled. So, it allows the chocolate coating to harden quickly.
Use fresh blueberries. Wash beforehand. Then, dry with paper towels completely. Any extra water on the berries will prevent the chocolate coating from sticking.
Taste & Texture
These chocolate covered blueberries are naturally sweet. They taste exactly as they look. Chocolate and blueberries are the only flavors. Use refined coconut oil, which is neutral in flavor.
The coating is smooth and creamy. The berries are juicy!
How to Make
First, add chocolate chips and melted coconut oil to a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until completely smooth and creamy.
Then, gently place blueberries in the melted chocolate mixture. Use a large spoon to move blueberries around, until fully coated.
Use a spoon to drop little clusters of blueberries onto a parchment lined plate. Make clusters as big or small as desired.
Continue for remaining blueberries. Place plate in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden.
Finally, remove chocolate covered blueberries from fridge. Serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Fully melt chocolate chips and coconut oil. This only takes about 30 seconds in the microwave.
Alternatively, feel free to melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler on the stovetop.
After washing berries, pat dry completely. Extra water or moisture will prevent the chocolate coating from sticking to the blueberries.
Gently stir around blueberries in the chocolate mixture. Do not break apart any berries.
Use a spoon to drop berries in small clusters.
Make clusters as large or small as desired.
Allow clusters to chill long enough for the chocolate to harden.
How to Serve & Store
Serve chocolate covered blueberries once chilled and hardened.
These must be stored in the fridge or freezer. They will become soft and melted at room temperature.
They only last about 3 days in the fridge. After that, the berries will begin to soften.
Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Frozen blueberries are very mushy and will not work well.
Both chocolate chips and chopped chocolate work well. Use any type of chocolate that melts easily.
Sure! I recommend chopping it up before microwaving. This helps it melt more quickly.
Any berry or fruit can be covered in melted chocolate. You may need to more gently stir fruit or berries in chocolate. For instance, raspberries are much more fragile and watery than blueberries. Try these Chocolate Covered Raspberries!
You May Also Like
- Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears
- Chocolate Covered Pecans
- Paleo Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Balls
If you make this dark chocolate covered blueberry recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- First, add chocolate chips and melted coconut oil to a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Then, gently place blueberries in the melted chocolate mixture. Use a large spoon to move blueberries around, until fully coated.
- Use a spoon to drop little clusters of blueberries onto a parchment lined plate. Make clusters as big or small as desired.
- Continue for remaining blueberries. Place plate in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden.
- Finally, remove from fridge. Serve!
- Any type of chocolate chips work. Feel free to use chopped chocolate bars if needed.
- Coconut oil helps thin out the chocolate mixture. It also helps the chocolate harden.
- Use refined coconut oil for a neutral taste. Unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut taste.
- Use fresh blueberries, not frozen. Wash and dry completely before making this recipe.
- Feel free to make the clusters as big or small as desired. This recipe makes about 10 clusters of 5 to 6 berries each.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
Love these chocolate covered blueberries? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!