Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
This air fryer frozen broccoli is quick, easy and so convenient. Eating veggies has never been so easy! This recipe takes under 30 minutes and it is almost completely hands off. Add this broccoli to your menu as a side dish or appetizer!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This air fryer frozen broccoli is quick and easy.
- It is so convenient and simple to make.
- This recipe takes only 25 minutes.
- Feel free to use your favorite seasonings and spices.
- Serve as a snack, appetizer or side dish.
- This recipe is suitable for most diets.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, low carb and sugar free.
- Check out these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes for another great air fryer recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for air fryer frozen broccoli. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Any type of frozen broccoli works well. For best results, use broccoli that is chopped into equal sized pieces. Although this recipe calls for frozen broccoli, fresh can be used. If using fresh, reduce air fryer time to 10 to 12 minutes.
A drizzle of olive oil helps make the broccoli crispy. I tried this recipe without any oil and it was average. Feel free to substitute melted coconut oil or avocado oil. For a lower oil option, spray broccoli with nonstick spray.
Onion salt and garlic powder adds a great flavor. Feel free to adjust seasonings to suit your taste. Chili powder, cayenne powder or cumin will add some heat.
Both sea salt and pepper add flavor without being overpowering. Feel free to add more or less to suit your taste.
Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli has so many nutritional benefits!
This cruciferous vegetable is loaded with antioxidants.
In addition, broccoli contains both collagen and calcium. These are important for bone health and joint health.
One cup of broccoli contains as much as 50% of the daily Vitamin C requirement. Moreover, one cup contains more than half of the daily Vitamin K requirement.
Taste & Texture
This air fryer frozen broccoli tastes like regular broccoli with onion and garlic flavors. No surprises here.
The texture is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The longer it air fries, the crispier it will become. Since all air fryers are slightly different, keep an eye on the broccoli as it cooks.
How to Make
First, add all ingredients to a large bowl. Then, toss until broccoli is completely covered in oil and seasonings.
Arrange the broccoli in an even layer in air fryer basket.
Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until it reaches desired level of crispiness.
Finally, remove from air fryer.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use broccoli that is chopped into an equal size. Unequally sized broccoli will require different cooking times.
If your air fryer requires preheating, then preheat it.
Fully toss broccoli with oil and seasonings.
Arrange broccoli in one even layer. Try not to overlap if possible.
Since all air fryers differ, keep an eye on your broccoli.
I highly recommend not skipping the oil. It really helps crisp up the veggie.
How to Serve & Store
Serve air fryer frozen broccoli hot and fresh! It is great served immediately.
Serve with chicken, beef, pork, steak, or fish. In addition, it works well in stir fry.
This broccoli is great as a healthy side dish, light appetizer or even snack.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Broccoli needs about 10 to 20 minutes in the air fryer.
Yes! Frozen vegetables are great in the air fryer.
No, there is no need to thaw them.
Technically yes. I do not recommend omitting the oil however.
You May Also Like
- Whole30 Beef and Broccoli
- Sausage Stir Fry
- Ground Turkey Teriyaki Bowls
- Pak Pad Thai
- Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus
If you make this air fryer frozen broccoli recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Side Dish Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- First, add all ingredients to a large bowl. Toss until broccoli is completely covered in oil and seasonings.
- Arrange broccoli in an even layer in air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until it reaches desired level of crispiness.
- Finally, remove from air fryer. Serve!
- Feel free to scale this recipe if your air fryer is large enough.
- I have tried this recipe both with and without the olive oil. The olive oil version came out much better.
- For a lower oil option, feel free to spray broccoli with nonstick spray.
- Your air fryer may need slightly more or less time.
- My air fryer does not require any preheating. If yours does, preheat air fryer before adding broccoli.
Love this air fryer frozen broccoli? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!