Whole30 Egg Salad (Paleo)
This Whole30 Egg Salad is creamy, hearty and flavorful! This easy recipe is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In addition, it is great for both meal prep and leftovers. Serve with lettuce wraps or collard greens for a delicious Whole30 approved meal!
The combination of crispy bacon, creamy mayonnaise and hearty hard boiled eggs is crave worthy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Whole30 egg salad is great for any meal of the day.
- It is creamy, crispy, hearty and flavorful!
- It is great for meal prep and leftovers.
- Use an avocado oil based mayonnaise for a dairy free egg salad.
- The crispy bacon adds the best crunch!
- Check out this Ultimate Guide to Whole30 for more great recipes.
- Made without celery, without bread, and without dairy.
- This Paleo egg salad recipe is Whole30 approved, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Low Carb, and Keto.
Easy Hard Boiled Eggs in Instant Pot
Making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot is so easy! The easiest way is known as the 5-5-5 method.
- Place trivet inside Instant Pot.
- Pour 1 cup of water into Pot.
- Place 6 eggs on trivet.
- Secure lid and set valve to Seal.
- Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- After timer goes off, allow pressure to release for 5 minutes naturally.
- Then, manually release any remaining pressure.
- Move valve to Vent. Then, carefully remove eggs and immediately place them in a bowl of ice water.
- Keep eggs in ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, peel!
Stovetop Hard Boiled Eggs
Place eggs in a pot of cold water over high heat.
Bring to a boil.
Once water is boiling, turn off heat. Then, cover the pot.
Allow eggs to sit for 12 to 14 minutes.
Then, carefully place eggs in an ice bath for 6 to 8 minutes or until cool enough to touch and peel.
Finally, peel eggs and discard shells!
How to Make
First, make hard boiled eggs. See instructions above for both Instant Pot and stovetop hard boiled eggs. Peel egg shells and chop eggs into bite sized pieces.
Then, add all ingredients to a bowl.
Stir together until everything is coated in mayonnaise.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use hard boiled eggs. Soft boiled tend to be too runny for this recipe.
Cook bacon until very crispy, but not burnt. This yields a crispy crunchy egg salad.
Mix ingredients together completely.
Adjust sea salt and pepper to taste.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Whole30 egg salad with collard greens or lettuce wraps for Keto, Paleo and Whole30.
Consider eating with gluten free bread or chips!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Do not freeze.
Other Add Ins & Flavors
If desired, use the same amount of mashed avocado instead of mayonnaise.
Substitute chives for green onions if desired.
Feel free to omit bacon if desired.
A pinch of paprika adds some spice and flavor to this Paleo egg salad!
Red onion can replace white onion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Egg salad can be healthy. It is a great source of healthy fats and protein.
Avocado and yogurt can be used in place of mayonnaise in egg salad. For Whole30, use avocado.
Yes, egg salad can be eaten by itself.
Mayonnaise is not Whole30 approved. There are specific brands of Whole30 approved mayonnaise that are great though! I always buy Primal Kitchen Foods Mayonnaise.
Most bacon is cured with sugar, and not Whole30 approved. There are some great brands of sugar free bacon. I love Naked Bacon!
Egg salad lasts about 3 to 4 days in the fridge. Eat as soon as possible for freshness and best taste.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Egg Salad (Paleo)
- First, peel hard boiled eggs. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Break cooked bacon into small bits.
- Then, add all ingredients to a bowl. Stir until all ingredients are coated in mayonnaise.
- Serve egg salad!
- Use stovetop or Instant Pot to boil eggs. See above for instructions for both methods.
- Use Whole30 approved bacon and mayonnaise to keep this recipe Whole30 approved and sugar free.
- Cook bacon until crispy. I recommend a very crispy bacon for added crunch.
- I use Naked Bacon for Whole30 bacon.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in fridge for up to 3 days.
- I do not recommend freezing this.
- Serve with lettuce wraps, collard greens, or desired choice.
Do you love this Whole30 Egg Salad? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!