WHOLE30 SESAME GINGER MEATBALLS
I haven’t been this excited about a meatball EVER! These Sesame Ginger Meatballs are extremely moist and flavorful. They melt in your mouth! The meatballs come together quickly and easily. In addition, the sesame ginger sauce really elevates the overall flavor of the meatballs. I served mine over cauliflower rice for a delicious Whole30 meal! See my Whole30 Baked Meatballs for another fun meatball recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR WHOLE30 SESAME GINGER MEATBALLS
GROUND BEEF: Ground beef is the base of these Whole30 Sesame Ginger Meatballs! I use ButcherBox ground beef but any ground beef will work!
TAPIOCA FLOUR: Tapioca flour is the binder for these meatballs. In addition, it creates that perfect meatball texture.
COCONUT AMINOS: Coconut aminos is the soy free and gluten free version of soy sauce. I used a Coconut Lime flavor but feel free to substitute regular and add a squeeze of lime juice!
OTHER INGREDIENTS: garlic powder, onion powder, egg, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, green onions, sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE WHOLE30 SESAME GINGER MEATBALLS
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
After combining the meatball mixture, bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
Meanwhile, make sauce on the stovetop.
Then, remove cooked meatballs from oven and place in sauce on the skillet.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce is warmed through. For extra thick sauce, whisk in a tablespoon of tapioca flour.
Lastly, serve with cauliflower rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
CAN YOU HAVE GROUND BEEF ON WHOLE30?
Yes, ground beef is Whole30 compliant. My favorite is ButcherBox but any ground beef works!
IS RICE VINEGAR WHOLE30 COMPLIANT?
Yes, rice vinegar is Whole30 compliant. Vinegar that isn’t malt based is allowed on Whole30. Malt vinegar contains gluten, and therefore isn’t compliant.
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALLS WITHOUT BREADCRUMBS
To make meatballs without breadcrumbs, substitute a Whole30 approved flour. In this case, tapioca flour helps bind the meatballs.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Sesame Ginger Meatballs
- To make Whole30 Sesame Ginger Meatballs, first preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add beef, garlic powder and onion powder, whisked egg, ginger, tapioca flour and 2 tablespoons coconut aminos.
- Next, use to your hands to combine mixture. If too sticky or wet, add 1 tablespoon tapioca flour at a time until you're able to form meatballs.
- Then, form 1.5 inch meatballs with your hands. Place meatballs on baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar and minced garlic.
- When meatballs are cooked through, remove from heat. Next, add sauce to skillet and place meatballs in sauce. Then, cook 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce is warmed through.
- For a thicker sauce, whisk in 1 tablespoon tapioca flour.
- Lastly, remove from heat and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.