Paleo Apricot Chicken
This Paleo Apricot Chicken is the perfect balance between sweet and savory. The chicken is hearty and tender and the sauce is fresh and sweet. In addition, this 30 minute Paleo Apricot Chicken is great for any night of the week. Apricots work well in both sweet and savory recipes. Make this for dinner and have some Paleo Vegan Apricot Blackberry Cobbler for dessert!
List of Ingredients
CHICKEN BREASTS: Boneless skinless chicken breasts are the protein. When pounded thin, they are incredibly tender and flavorful!
OLIVE OIL: Olive oil is the choice of cooking fat here. This healthy fat is rich and adds a depth of flavor.
SEASONINGS: In addition to ground pepper, this chicken are seasoned with onion powder, garlic and garnished with fresh thyme. This adds the right amount of flavor – just enough without being overpowering.
APRICOT HALVES: Apricots are bright, fresh and sweet. These apricot halves add a touch of sweetness to the chicken.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Chicken broth, fresh thyme
Choosing the Right Cut of Meat
Chicken breasts or chicken thighs work well in this recipe. If using chicken thighs, add some cooking time until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If using bone in chicken, add even more cooking time to ensure doneness. Both boneless and bone in chicken will work well in this recipe. Click HERE for the Chicken Breasts I use every single time.
How To Make
First, preheat a skillet over medium heat and add in olive oil. Then, pound chicken between two sheets of parchment paper until 1/2 inch thick. Once pounded, season chicken and add it to the skillet.
Next, cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes each side and then turn heat to low.
Add 1 can of apricot halves with the juice and chicken broth to the skillet.
Add the other can of apricot halves with the juice to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into skillet.
Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through completely. Finally, serve over cooked cauliflower rice and garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
What To Serve With
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Paleo Apricot Chicken
- First, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in olive oil. Pound each chicken breast between two sheets of parchment paper until 1/2 inch thick.
- Then, season chicken with onion powder and ground pepper. Place each chicken breast in the skillet.
- Next, cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn heat to low and add 1 can Del Monte Apricot halves (just included) and chicken broth to the pan.
- Add the second can of apricot halves (juice included) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour this blended mixture into the pan. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice and garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!