This Whole30 Meatloaf is at the corner of healthy and delicious. It’s very reminiscent of traditional meatloaf but it’s made with fresh and wholesome ingredients. Additionally, this Paleo Meatloaf is perfect for a lunch or dinner or meal prep. It’s an easy Whole30 classic that is always a huge hit.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Paleo meatloaf is easy, hearty and flavorful!
- The simple Paleo meatloaf sauce is made with Whole30 Ketchup.
- This meatloaf with almond flour is great for those following a Whole30 round or Paleo diet.
- Flour in meatloaf helps bind it together. This version uses eggs and almond flour for a healthy option.
- Check out this Whole30 Asian Meatloaf as well!
- It is Whole30 approved, Paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
GROUND BEEF & GROUND PORK: The combination of ground pork and ground beef leads to a very tender and moist meatloaf.
ALMOND FLOUR: Instead of using breadcrumbs, almond flour helps bind this Whole30 Meatloaf. Meatloaf with almond flour is easy, healthy and flavorful!
ONION: Chopped onions add a punch of flavor and texture to this meatloaf!
KETCHUP: It wouldn’t be meatloaf without ketchup. My go to Whole30 approved ketchup is from Primal Kitchen Foods.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: eggs, olive oil or ghee, minced garlic, ground pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard
How To Make Meatloaf Without Breadcrumbs
Traditional meatloaf is made with breadcrumbs. To keep this Whole30 and Paleo, almond flour takes its place. Without the breadcrumbs, this meatloaf is extra tender and moist!
This Paleo beef meatloaf is extra tasty due to its ingredients. It does not dry out while cooking.
Follow the recipe steps below for how to make Paleo meatloaf.
How To Make
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a meatloaf or bread pan with parchment paper.
Next, add olive oil to a cast iron skillet. Add in onions and minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes before removing from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup ketchup for garnish). Next, add in onions and garlic and use hands to mix until combined.
Transfer meat mixture into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove from oven and spread 1/2 cup ketchup over meatloaf.
Return to oven and cook an additional 30 minutes until done, at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit internally. Finally, cool Paleo Meatloaf for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
What To Serve With
Serve Whole30 Meatloaf with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a side salad.
Since this is classic comfort food, consider sweet potato fries too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional meatloaf is not Whole30 approved because it contains gluten and sugar. This recipe is Whole30 compliant!
Yes, meatloaf can be made without breadcrumbs. Use almond flour in this recipe.
Yes! Meatloaf with almond flour is easy, healthy and flavorful.
Meatloaf usually is not Paleo, but this version is.
Ketchup is the meatloaf sauce used here.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Sure! I suggest freezing individual slices and then thawing and reheating as needed.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or ghee
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup, for garnish
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a meatloaf or bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Then, add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup ketchup for garnish). Add in onions and garlic and mix with hands until combined.
- Transfer meat to loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and spread 1/2 cup ketchup on top.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes until meat is cooked through, at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Feel free to use all ground beef instead of both beef and pork. Just make sure it’s 2 pounds total.
- Cook meatloaf until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow meatloaf to cool before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Love this Whole30 Meatloaf? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
21 Comments on “Whole30 Meatloaf”
This was AMAZING! I’ll keep making this long after I finish my Whole30!
I made it with Primal Kitchen’s ketchup, spicy brown mustard, Butcher Box’s ground beef and ground Italian Sausage and red onion instead of yellow. I followed the instructions and I’m stunned by the flavorful results.
I need to try more recipes from this site ASAP!
I am so happy to hear that, Danielle! Thank you so much for the enthusiastic review!
Best meatloaf recipe ever!
What a huge compliment! Thank you so much, Valerie!
Best meatloaf ever!!! This will be my go to!
Hi Abby! Thank you so much for making my recipe and taking the time to leave a comment. I am so happy you enjoyed the meatloaf!
I don’t usually eat meat, but this looks very delicious!
My whole family really liked this meatloaf and I love that the sauce is SO much healthier than the usual ketchup/sugar glaze.
I was not a big fan of meatloaf growing up, but this recipe was so good! The pork and beef together gave it amazing flavor! Yum! I will definitely be making this again!
Who can resist the combination of both ground beef AND ground pork? Not me and my family! This whole30 meatloaf sounds amazing, we can’t wait to try it. Thank you!
I have to say, I was a little skeptical when my wife mentioned she was making meatloaf for dinner, however I was so surprised! This meatloaf was so delicious!
I’m always looking for a good meatloaf recipes and this one was a winner! It’s going on the menu rotation at my house.
I loved the flavor of this meatloaf – the combo of the beef and pork together makes it so tasty!
This was really tasty! YUM
Such an easy meatloaf recipe and so much healthier than the ones I’ve had in my childhood haha! Delicious too!
This was so delicious and I always love knowing exactly what goes in my food!
Wow! This meatloaf was amazing! I grew up eating meatloaf, however I do admit that it was not that healthy. This was amazing in that it satisfied a childhood favorite and it was healthy!
you make it super easy, I havent tried making my own meatloaf and this is inspiring to make. For sure my mom will be surprised if I make this for her
I had never made meatloaf before, this recipe is so easy to follow.
Love this meatloaf. This is perfect for meal prep and tastes even better the next day!
This meatloaf was so easy to make, and it was super moist and tasty! It had great flavor by mixing ground beef and pork. Yum!