This Whole30 Meatloaf is at the corner of healthy and delicious. It’s very reminiscent of traditional meatloaf but it’s made with fresh and wholesome ingredients. Additionally, this Whole30 Meatloaf is perfect for a lunch or dinner or meal prep. It’s an easy Whole30 classic that is always a huge hit. I also LOVE this Whole30 Asian Meatloaf.
INGREDIENTS FOR WHOLE30 MEATLOAF
GROUND BEEF & GROUND PORK: The combination of ground pork and ground beef leads to a very tender and moist meatloaf.
ALMOND FLOUR: Instead of using breadcrumbs, almond flour helps bind this Whole30 Meatloaf.
ONION: Chopped onions add a punch of flavor and texture to this meatloaf!
KETCHUP: It wouldn’t be meatloaf without ketchup. My go to Whole30 approved ketchup is from Primal Kitchen Foods.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: eggs, olive oil or ghee, minced garlic, ground pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard
HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF WITHOUT BREADCRUMBS
Traditional meatloaf is made with breadcrumbs. To keep this Whole30 and Paleo, almond flour takes its place. Without the breadcrumbs, this meatloaf is extra tender and moist!
HOW TO MAKE WHOLE30 MEATLOAF
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a meatloaf or bread pan with parchment paper.
Next, add olive oil to a cast iron skillet. Add in onions and minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes before removing from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup ketchup for garnish). Next, add in onions and garlic and use hands to mix until combined.
Transfer meat mixture into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove from oven and spread 1/2 cup ketchup over meatloaf.
Return to oven and cook an additional 30 minutes until done, at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit internally. Finally, cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH WHOLE30 MEATLOAF
Serve Whole30 Meatloaf with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a side salad.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Meatloaf
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a meatloaf or bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Then, add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup ketchup for garnish). Add in onions and garlic and mix with hands until combined.
- Transfer meat to loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and spread 1/2 cup ketchup on top.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes until meat is cooked through, at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.