Easy Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
This super easy Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash yields the perfect al dente result! This method of cooking is significantly quicker than using an oven. Top with all your favorite toppings and sauces for an easy, healthy and delicious dinner or meal prep!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This method is much quicker than using an oven.
- Unlike baking, this produces a crisper result.
- This spaghetti squash is “al dente” when cooked.
- If looking for a softer result, bake spaghetti squash face down at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Spaghetti squash is versatile and works well with so many flavors.
- This is a lower carb version of a comfort food!
- This recipe is made without an oven.
- I always use this recipe when making my Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash!
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, and Vegan.
What is Spaghetti Squash?
Spaghetti squash is a yellow oval shaped squash. Its center contains large seeds. When uncooked, this squash has solid flesh. After cooking, the flesh can be shredded into spaghetti like strands.
Spaghetti squash can be prepared in several different ways. Methods include roasting or baking, boiling, steaming, or microwaving. This spaghetti squash in the air fryer is more crispy and less soft than other methods.
This squash has many health benefits. It is high in potassium, folic acid, vitamin A, and beta carotene. This low calorie, nutrient dense food is great for many diets. Since it contains fiber, spaghetti squash is surprisingly filling.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash in an Air Fryer
First, slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
Discard spaghetti squash seeds.
Next, brush olive oil on insides of squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in air fryer basket.
Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Once preheated, add basket to fryer.
Then, fry for 10 minutes. Once timer goes off, carefully remove basket from fryer.
Reduce heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and add basket back to fryer. Fry for 5 minutes or until insiders are easily shredded. It will be a little brown on top.
Finally, remove squash from basket. Shred with two forks.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Cooking spaghetti squash in an air fryer is super easy! There are a few ways to make the best spaghetti squash.
First of all, choose a spaghetti squash that is not too large for your air fryer. This will depend on your brand and size. Keep this in mind while grocery shopping! I use the Ninja Foodi Grill and use the Air Fry setting.
Choose a spaghetti squash that is yellow and firm. Lighter colored squash are typically not ripe. If a spaghetti squash is soft to the touch, it is most likely overripe and not useful.
I recommend using a large spoon and kitchen scissors to discard seeds.
Use desired seasonings. I prefer a subtle taste, so I stick with salt and pepper. Spaghetti squash is great with many spices and seasonings!
Shred spaghetti squash with two forks while it is still hot. Be careful!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking spaghetti squash in an air fryer will yield crispy results.
It is possible to overcook spaghetti squash. It will become very mushy. To check doneness, run a fork through the flesh. If it easily forms spaghetti like strands, it is done cooking.
Choose a spaghetti squash that is bright yellow and firm to the touch.
I use the Ninja Foodi XL Grill which has an air fryer setting.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. I do not recommend freezing spaghetti squash.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Easy Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air fryer
- First, carefully slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Discard spaghetti squash seeds.
- Then, brush olive oil on insides of spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Add both halves of spaghetti squash to air fryer basket.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once preheated, add basket to the air fryer.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Then, remove basket from air fryer.
- Lower heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place basket back in air fryer for 5 minutes or until done.
- Finally, carefully remove from air fryer. Shred spaghetti squash into spaghetti strands using two forks. Discard of skin and serve!
- If you have trouble slicing your spaghetti squash in half, place it on a plate and microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes to soften it.
- Feel free to use other desired seasonings.
- Spaghetti squash is done when its flesh can be easily shredded with two forks.
- All air fryers are different. Cooking time may vary slightly.
- This method yields a crispy “al dente” style spaghetti squash.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- I do not suggest freezing leftovers.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!