Whole30 Guacamole (Vegan, AIP Friendly)
This easy Whole30 Guacamole is truly the best! It is creamy, fresh, zesty and so flavorful! It pairs well with so many different flavors and meals. This quick homemade Vegan and AIP guacamole is made with only a few healthy ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to make!
Why You’ll Love This Guacamole
- This Whole30 approved guacamole is incredibly easy and so tasty!
- It is great for salads, roasted veggies, grilled meats and more.
- This guacamole can be smooth or chunky.
- It is made without tomatoes.
- This Paleo guacamole is just like Chipotle!
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Keto, AIP Friendly and Sugar Free.
What to Serve With
Wondering what to eat with this Whole30 guacamole? Sliced veggies are a great option! Cut up cucumbers, sliced carrots, and celery.
If not doing a Whole30, Siete chips and plantain chips are great Paleo chips! Serve alongside some Mango Habanero Salsa.
Grilled chicken, taco bowls, burger bowls, and fries are more great foods to serve guacamole with. Check out these Whole30 Carnitas, Chicken Fajita Bowls, and Beef Burrito Bowls for other ideas!
How To Make
First, remove flesh from avocados.
Add avocado flesh to a bowl and mash together.
Then, add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Finally, garnish with cilantro and sea salt if desired.
Expert Tips & Tricks
The biggest tip to making the best homemade guacamole is to use ripe avocados. Here is how to tell if an avocado is ripe.
Skin: the skin of a ripe avocado is dark green but not yet brown or black.
Texture: is the skin completely smooth or completely bumpy? Ripe avocados have a few bumps on their skin.
Firmness: squeeze the avocado. If it is slightly soft, then it is ripe. If it is too hard and does not yield to your touch, it is not yet ripe. Lastly, if it is very soft, then it is too ripe.
Chop onions finely before adding to the mixing bowl.
When storing, add an avocado pit to the airtight container. This helps preserve freshness in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, guacamole is allowed on Whole30. Look for a compliant brand or make this homemade recipe!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Store with an avocado pit to preserve freshness.
Serve guacamole with grilled meats, veggies, and salads. If not doing Whole30, serve with your favorite Paleo chips!
Yes, this guacamole is AIP if you omit the cumin.
Yes, this guacamole is Vegan.
Wholly Guacamole is Whole30 compliant. Be sure to check labels.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Guacamole (Vegan, AIP Friendly)
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp cumin, see note
- 1 tsp lime juice
- pinch sea salt
- cilantro, to garnish
- First, remove flesh from avocados.
- Add avocado flesh to a bowl and mash.
- Then, add all remaining ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Finally, garnish with cilantro and sea salt if desired!
- For AIP option, omit cumin.
- Use ripe avocados.
- I prefer my guacamole a little bit chunky, so I don’t mash them completely.
- I recommend making this guacamole just before serving. It is best served fresh.
- To store leftovers, add guacamole to an airtight container. If you still have an avocado pit, place the pit amongst the guacamole to preserve freshness.
- Store in fridge for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Do you love easy, healthy and delicious family meals? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
One Comment on “Whole30 Guacamole (Vegan, AIP Friendly)”
My family loves this recipe! So easy and delicious.