These Vegan milkshake is so thick, creamy and creamy! This quick and easy 5 minute recipe is the perfect dessert. Use any flavor ice cream for a totally customizable creation! Both kids and adults love this recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Vegan milkshake recipe takes less than 5 minutes.
- It is quick and easy.
- Everything is made in a blender.
- Any flavor ice cream works.
- The milkshake comes out so thick and creamy.
- You will never know this recipe is Vegan!
- This recipe as written is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and Vegan.
- It can be easily made nut free and Paleo.
- Check out this Paleo Ice Cream for another delicious dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Vegan milkshakes. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use any type of Vegan ice cream. For these photos, I used homemade. There are several great Vegan ice cream brands. Use any flavor!
Any type of Vegan milk works. For the most creamy result, use canned coconut milk (not coconut cream). In addition, oat milk, almond milk and cashew milk are great options.
Toppings can include Vegan chocolate chips, Oreos, nuts, whipped cream, fudge sauce and Vegan caramel.
Taste & Texture
These Vegan milkshakes are chocolaty and sweet! The biggest flavor will be the flavor of ice cream.
The texture is creamy and thick. For even thicker, use less milk. For a thinner result, use more milk.
How to Make
First, add both ingredients to a blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Finally, pour into glasses. Top with desired toppings.
Expert Tips & Tricks
If needed, thaw ice cream for a few minutes. Vegan ice cream tends to get very firm.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
If necessary, add in a bit more milk.
Drink immediately after blending. This milkshake has the best texture right after it is made.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these flavor variations and toppings for your milkshake.
Top with chopped walnuts or peanuts.
Top with Vegan whipped cream.
Add in mint extract.
Add in vanilla extract.
Use 2 flavors of ice cream.
Top with melted chocolate sauce.
Top with caramel sauce.
Add chocolate chips on top.
Drizzle peanut butter on top.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Vegan milkshake immediately.
Top with desired toppings.
I do not recommend making this ahead of time. It will melt even in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vegan milkshakes are made from Vegan ice cream and dairy free milk.
In a milkshake, replace milk with dairy free milk, coconut cream, or Vegan yogurt. As a last resort, a little water can be used.
Yes, this recipe is gluten free as written. Use a gluten free ice cream to ensure it is gluten free overall.
Sure! Use your favorite type of ice cream. Feel free to use 2 flavors if desired.
You May Also Like
- Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones
- Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Oat Milk Smoothie
- Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
If you make this Vegan milkshake recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas and recipes, check out these Vegan Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Milkshake
- 2 cups Vegan ice cream
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- First, add ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, pour into glasses. If desired, top with Vegan whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- Any Vegan ice cream will work. If it is too firm to scoop, allow it to thaw for a bit.
- Likewise, any Vegan milk will work.
- Use coconut milk or oat milk for a nut free option.
- The more milk added, the more thin the milkshake will be.
- The less milk used, the more thick and creamy the milkshake will be.
- For best results, drink milkshake immediately after making.
Love this Vegan milkshake recipe? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!