This Valentine’s bark is such a fun little treat! Make it for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, and special occasions. It features a layer of creamy chocolate, conversation hearts, and sprinkles. This 4 ingredient recipe takes only 5 minutes of prep time. Kids and adults love it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Valentine’s bark is quick and easy to make.
- The entire recipe takes only 20 minutes in total.
- Only 4 easy ingredients are required.
- This recipe can be customized. For another fun idea, try this Strawberry Bark!
- Feel free to use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate.
- The conversation hearts make this bark so fun and festive!
- This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- Check out this Banana Bark or this Date Bark for another fun bark recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and instructions.
Use any type of chocolate chips. I love dark chocolate, but milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and white chocolate all work well.
Coconut oil helps the chocolate harden quickly. Unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor. On the other hand, refined coconut oil is neutral.
Conversation candy hearts are so fun! If you cannot find them in stores, they are available on Amazon. If desired, replace with M&M’s.
Lastly, top with sprinkles!
Taste & Texture
This Valentine’s bark tastes exactly how it looks! The main flavors are chocolate and candy hearts.
The texture is creamy chocolate and crunchy candy.
How to Make
First, line a pan with parchment paper.
Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir until smooth and creamy. Pour this mixture into a big square or rectangle on the parchment lined pan.
Top with conversation hearts and sprinkles.
Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
Lastly, remove the Valentine’s bark from the fridge. Break into pieces and enjoy!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best Valentine’s bark.
Use chocolate or chocolate chips that melt well.
Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil until fully creamy.
Line the pan with parchment paper. This prevents sticking.
Chill until the chocolate has completely hardened.
How to Serve & Store
Serve this Valentine’s bark once it has hardened!
It is great for a fun snack or quick dessert.
Serve by itself or as part of a larger dessert board.
Store in the fridge or freezer in a large Ziplock bag or glass container.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chocolate bark is made by melting chocolate, spreading it thinly, and adding toppings like nuts or dried fruits. The name comes from the appearance of the hardened chocolate, resembling tree bark.
The two most popular Valentine’s Day candies are chocolates and conversation hearts.
This Valentine’s Dark bark lasts up to a week in the fridge and up to a month in the freezer.
USA Pan 3 Piece Cookie Sheet Set: Use a cookie sheet for this bark recipe.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: These parchment paper sheets make clean up easy!
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
- Yogurt Bark
- Chocolate Covered Raspberries
- Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes)
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
If you make this Valentine’s bark recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Snack Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Valentine’s Bark
- First, line a pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir until smooth and creamy. Pour this mixture into a big square or rectangle on the parchment lined pan.
- Top with conversation hearts and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Finally, remove from the fridge. Break into pieces and enjoy!
- Feel free to use any type of chocolate that melts well.
- Use parchment paper for easy removal and clean up.
- Allow the chocolate to fully harden before breaking apart.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
If you love this Valentine’s Bark recipe, sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!