Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
These gluten free peanut butter blossoms are soft, gooey and delicious! This quick and easy recipe takes less than 30 minutes total. These cookies feature a soft baked peanut butter cookie rolled in sugar and creamy Hershey’s kiss. They are great for Christmas, holidays, family parties, birthdays and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These gluten free peanut butter blossoms are quick and easy.
- No dough chilling required.
- The chocolate peanut butter combination is the best!
- For the all chocolate version, try these Hershey Kiss Cookies.
- They are classic Christmas cookies.
- The peanut butter cookies are soft and gooey.
- Both kids and adults love them.
- Switch it up with a peanut butter cup!
- This recipe is gluten free.
- Check out these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies for another favorite dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for gluten free peanut butter blossoms. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use room temperature unsalted butter. The butter should be slightly soft to the touch, but not yet melted. I have not tried this recipe with dairy free butter, but it should work.
Both granulated sugar and light brown sugar add sweetness. In addition, roll balls of dough in sugar before baking. Although coconut sugar could work, these cookies will be much darker.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. This works better than brands with added oils or sugars. All natural peanut butter contains no added sugar and bakes up beautifully!
Only one egg needed. For an egg free cookie option, try these Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Use gluten free 1 to 1 flour. I love Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur Flour for this. The only true perfect replacement is all purpose flour, which is not gluten free.
Baking powder helps leaven these cookies.
Dot each baked cookie with a Hershey kiss! Feel free to use a Dove chocolate or Reese’s peanut butter cup.
What Are Peanut Butter Blossoms?
Peanut butter blossom cookies are classic holiday cookies! They are very common around the Christmas season.
These cookies feature a peanut butter cookie. Typically the peanut butter dough is rolled in sugar before baking. After baking, press a Hershey’s kiss in the middle.
They are gooey, creamy, soft and incredibly flavorful!
Taste & Texture
These gluten free peanut butter blossoms taste like chocolate and peanut butter! Truly the best combination.
They are soft baked and gooey. This recipe yields cookies that are a little more thick. The kiss in the middle adds creaminess and chocolate flavor.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter. Mix on high until no clumps of butter remain.
Add in the egg. Mix to combine.
Then, add in gluten free flour and baking powder. Mix to combine.
Roll out balls of dough about 1.5 inches in diameter. Add some granulated sugar to a small shallow bowl.
Roll each ball of dough until fully coated in sugar. Then, place on pan.
Bake cookies for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and middles look slightly gooey.
Once cookies come out of the oven, place a Hershey’s kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Finally, allow gluten free peanut butter blossoms to cool for 5 minutes before carefully moving to a cooling rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients for gluten free peanut butter blossoms.
Use room temperature butter. Do not use melted butter. Allow butter to sit at room temperature for an hour before baking.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. Do not use brands with added sugar or oil.
Mix butter, sugars and peanut butter until completely combined. This takes a stand mixer at least 2 minutes.
The cookie dough will be slightly sticky.
Use a spoon or cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough.
Do not over bake cookies. They are meant to be a little gooey in the center.
Press Hershey kiss into cookies while they are still warm from the oven. I usually do this about 1 minute after they bake.
How to Serve & Store
Serve gluten free peanut butter blossoms warm or room temperature. They are also great straight from the fridge.
Serve with a tall glass of milk or ice cream.
Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Gluten free peanut butter blossoms can be frozen if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Feel free to use a peanut butter cup. Dove Chocolates work well too.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. The only ingredients should be nuts and salt.
Sure! These cookies keep well at room temperature for about 3 to 4 days.
Yes, Hershey’s kisses are gluten free as I am writing this. Always double check ingredients lists though. Some flavors are not; their original ones are.
Yes, peanut butter is gluten free. Double check ingredients to make sure nothing else is added in.
Sure! Use creamy sunflower butter.
You May Also Like
- Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this gluten free peanut butter blossom cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add room temperature butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter. Mix on high until no clumps of butter remain, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg. Mix to combine.
- Then, add in gluten free flour and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Roll out balls of dough about 1.5 inches in diameter. Add granulated sugar to a small shallow bowl.
- Roll each ball of dough until fully coated in sugar. Place on pan.
- Bake cookies for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and middles look slightly gooey.
- Once cookies come out of the oven, place a Hershey's kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Finally, allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before carefully moving to a cooling rack.
- I highly recommend using all natural creamy peanut butter. Brands with added oils and sugars will dry out these cookies.
- Use room temperature butter. I like to take the stick of butter out of my fridge about an hour before baking.
- Use gluten free 1 to 1 flour. I do not recommend almond flour, coconut flour or another flour.
- The cookie dough will be very slightly sticky. Use a spoon to help form the balls of dough.
- Bake until cookies have set edges. You want them to be a little gooey in the center.
- Any type of Hershey’s kisses work! Feel free to use a Reese’s peanut butter cup instead.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Love these gluten free peanut butter blossoms? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!