Paleo Vegan Cookie Dough Bars (Healthy)
These Paleo Vegan Cookie Dough Bars are super easy, totally delicious, and will satisfy your cookie dough cravings! A layer of homemade almond flour cookie dough is topped with smooth dark chocolate. These edible cookie dough bars are made with only a few healthy ingredients and they are always so popular!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Who doesn’t love cookie dough?
- The dark chocolate coating elevates the overall flavor of these bars.
- These Paleo cookie dough bars are simple and straightforward.
- This recipe takes only 5 minutes of preparation.
- They are a great dessert for any time of the year!
- Check out my Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough for another fun recipe.
- These are made without condensed milk, without brown sugar and without peanut butter.
- This recipe is Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan.
How To Make
Line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Then, heat treat flours. Add almond flour and coconut flour to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid, combine all cookie dough layer ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Press this mixture down into the baking pan, creating an even layer.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil for the topping. Melt in 30 second increments, stopping to stir after every 30 seconds to stir.
Next, pour melted chocolate over cookie dough layer.
Refrigerate or freeze at least 1 hour until chocolate topping is completely set and hardened.
Finally, slice into bars and enjoy!
Expert Tips & Substitutions
Fully mix cookie dough before pressing into pan.
When melting chocolate chips and coconut oil, stop and stir every 30 seconds. This prevents burning. Mine only took 1 minute of microwaving total.
Do not slice into bars until chocolate topping is completely hardened.
For a non Vegan option, butter or ghee can replace the coconut oil.
I suggest using Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate chips for a gluten free dairy free chocolate option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
After heat treating the flour, Vegan cookie dough is edible. Traditional cookie dough is not safe to eat due to the eggs, but that is not the case with Vegan cookie dough.
Cookie dough bars are bars made from cookie dough that are no bake! In this case, the dough layer is topped with melted chocolate.
Short answer: no. Cookie dough is not healthy for you. This Paleo cookie dough is made with healthier ingredients, but it’s no salad!
Yes, raw almond flour is edible and safe to eat. I prefer to heat treat my flour just to be on the safe side.
It is usually not necessary to heat treat almond flour, but I do just in case.
Yes! These cookie dough bars are great frozen.
I would not suggest baking this cookie dough. The cookies will spread like crazy and not hold together.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more dessert ideas, check out my Desserts Recipes page.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Vegan Cookie Dough Bars (Healthy)
Vegan Cookie Dough
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
Dark Chocolate Topping
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- First, line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, heat treat flours. Add almond flour and coconut flour to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until flour is 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid, combine all cookie dough layer ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Then, fold in chocolate chips.
- Press this mixture down into the baking pan in one even layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments. Stop and stir after every 30 seconds. Mine took 1 minute total.
- Pour melted chocolate over cookie dough layer.
- Refrigerate or freeze at least 1 hour or until chocolate topping is firm.
- Finally, remove from fridge and slice into bars.
- Heat treating the flours kills off bad bacteria.
- Press cookie dough layer into pan in one even layer.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth and creamy. There should be no clumps of chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate or freeze until chocolate topping is completely firm and hardened.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Use Vegan dark chocolate chips to keep this recipe completely Vegan.
Do you love cookie dough as much as I do? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
2 Comments on “Paleo Vegan Cookie Dough Bars (Healthy)”
How many servings does this recipe make for the kcal listed?
My family loved these bars! Thank you for this great recipe!