Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes (Grain Free, Nut Free)
These Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes are such a fun dessert! They are a blank canvas and are perfect for any occasion or holiday. In addition, these cupcakes are light, fluffy and easy to make. These grain free vanilla cupcakes use coconut flour to remain nut free. Because of that, they are great for kids! These cupcakes will become a new favorite!
Ingredients for Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
COCONUT FLOUR: Coconut flour is a grain free and gluten free flour that is perfect for Paleo baking. It’s very absorbent (read more about it my Guide to Gluten Free Flours). Coconut flour is a great nut free flour. Additionally, a little bit goes a long way!
PURE MAPLE SYRUP: Maple syrup sweetens both the cupcakes and the Vegan vanilla frosting.
GRASS FED BUTTER: Grass fed butter is the baking fat used in the cupcakes. Substitute softened coconut oil for a dairy free option.
BAKING SODA: The leavening agent in these cupcakes is just a teaspoon of baking soda.
LEMON JUICE: Lemon juice adds just a touch of flavor and tartness to these Paleo vanilla cupcakes.
EGGS: Four eggs are added to the cupcake batter to help them rise.
VANILLA: Both the cupcakes and frosting use vanilla extract.
COCONUT CREAM: Use the hardened part on top of the canned coconut cream for the frosting.
How to Make Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
First, make vanilla frosting. Add all frosting ingredients (using only the hardened part of the coconut cream) to a stand mixer. Whip until light and fluffy. Refrigerate while cupcakes are being made.
Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
In a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid, combine all cupcake ingredients. Stir to combine.
Use a cookie scoop or spoon to add batter to cupcake liners. Fill about 3/4 of the way to the top.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until just slightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once cupcakes have cooled, add frosting to a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes. Alternatively, use a butter knife to add frosting to these Paleo Vanilla cupcakes.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
- First, make frosting. Add chilled coconut cream (ONLY the hardened part on top, discard excess liquid), maple syrup and vanilla extract to a large stand mixer. Whip until light and fluffy. Place in fridge while making cupcakes.
- Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- To make cupcakes, add all cupcake ingredients to a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid. Mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or large spoon to add batter to cupcake liners. Fill liners about 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Next, bake cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and let them cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, add frosting to a piping bag and pipe frosting on cupcakes. Alternatively, spread frosting on top with a knife.
- Wait until cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting.
- I used my Vegan Vanilla Frosting for these!