Paleo Samoa Bars (Vegan)
These Paleo Samoa Bars are a fun and easy take on the classic Girl Scout Cookie! After making Paleo Gluten Free Samoa Cookies, I knew I needed to make them in bar form. These bars have a shortbread layer, homemade caramel and chocolate drizzle. They are a super fun baking project! For more Girl Scout inspiration, check out my Paleo Thin Mints!
I was a Girl Scout growing up and loved cookie season! Samoa cookies were one of my favorites. In addition to being crispy and crunchy, the caramel and chocolate combo was amazing! These bars are inspired by the classic Girl Scout cookie.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Here is why you’ll be enjoying Girl Scout cookie season all year long:
- This recipe is Gluten Free and Vegan, unlike the popular cookies.
- The layers and flavors complement each other perfectly.
- The homemade caramel layer is gooey!
- Dark chocolate drizzle is the perfect garnish.
- These bars freeze well.
Ingredients for Paleo Samoa Bars
Almond flour and coconut flour are used in combination to make this thin and crispy layer. Other ingredients include coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
The base of this homemade caramel is coconut cream and coconut sugar. Sea salt and vanilla add a touch of flavor. The coconut flakes are stirred in after the caramel has cooked.
Dark chocolate chips and coconut oil are melted together for the perfect smooth and creamy garnish!
Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
Make shortbread layer first. Add ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until combined. Spread into pan and bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
While the shortbread layer bakes, make the caramel. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 10 minutes until creamy and thick, stirring constantly.
Once caramelized in color, add coconut flakes to the caramel.
Let shortbread layer cool for 5 minutes then pour caramel mixture on top.
Freeze for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate and coconut oil and pour over caramel layer. Freeze at least 20 minutes (closer to an hour works best).
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Girl Scout Cookies Gluten Free?
Yes, there are several Girl Scout cookies that are gluten free. These usually vary from year to year. These bars and my Paleo Gluten Free Samoa Cookies are 100% gluten free!
Are Girl Scout Cookies Vegan?
Yes, there are several Girl Scout cookies that are Vegan. These Paleo Samoa Bars are Vegan! Check out the Girl Scout website for more cookie information.
Can I freeze these?
Yes! These Paleo Samoa Bars can be frozen.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Paleo Samoa Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make shortbread layer first. Add shortbread ingredients to a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid and stir until combined.
- Press shortbread layer into one even layer in pan.
- Then, bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are slightly crispy and middle is set.
- While the shortbread layer bakes, make the caramel. Add caramel ingredients except coconut flakes to a skillet over medium heat. Then, bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir every 1 to 2 minutes to prevent burning. Once thick, stir in coconut flakes.
- Once shortbread layer has cooled 5 minutes, pour caramel coconut mixture on top. Place pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Then, make chocolate drizzle. Add dark chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe dish and melt in 30 second increments.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of bars. Finally, freeze for 20 minutes or until hardened before slicing and serving.
- Keep a close eye on caramel to prevent burning.
- Bake shortbread crust until slightly golden.
- Freeze caramel layer before drizzling with chocolate.
- Freeze bars if desired.
- Store Paleo Samoa Bars in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. I highly recommend not storing them at room temperature.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
9 Comments on “Paleo Samoa Bars (Vegan)”
Ooh yum! These look like the perfect sweet treat!
I never heard of Samoa bars, but I’m RUNNING to the kitchen to make them now!
Oh, yum! These look amazing. I’m going to go ahead and add the ingredients to this week’s shopping list. I can’t wait!
This paleo samoa bars looks really yum.
So good! Perfect for a snack to pack for my daughter’s school lunch!
This cookie is so delicious and easy to make!
Love how quick and easy these are to make!
How delicious! I am loving that coconut caramel! Yum!
My hubbie is a coconut lover. I think he’ll love these.