Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread
My absolute favorite thing to bake is banana bread! My weekly banana consumption is off the charts and banana bread is my favorite way to consume them. This Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread is filled with tons of chocolate and is perfectly sweetened. Moreover, it’s Paleo, Gluten Free and healthy. It’s great for an easy breakfast, afternoon snack or late night dessert. Additionally, I have a recipe for Paleo Strawberry Banana Bread which is fresh and fun!
BANANAS: Bananas are definitely the most important ingredient for this Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread!
ALMOND BUTTER: Creamy almond butter adds a hint of hearty and nutty flavor.
ALMOND FLOUR & TAPIOCA FLOUR: The combination of almond flour and tapioca flour gives this banana bread the perfect consistency.
COCONUT SUGAR: Coconut sugar is a popular Paleo sweetened since it’s made from coconuts and not highly processed.
COCOA POWDER: For an extra chocolaty bread, use dark cocoa powder.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: eggs, vanilla extract, almond milk, baking soda, sea salt, dark chocolate chips
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, eggs, almond butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
Next, add in coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift in almond flour and tapioca flour.
Slowly add in almond milk. Then, add in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into lined bread pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the top is getting too browned, add a piece of aluminum foil over the top while baking.
Cool banana bread for an hour before slicing and serving.
Can banana bread be Paleo?
Yes, banana bread is Paleo! This version is grain free, gluten free and dairy free.
How long should you wait to cut into banana bread?
Wait at least an hour before slicing and serving banana bread for best results. Since this Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread is thick, allowing it to cool will help.
You May Also Like
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
Get the Recipe: Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed bananas, about 2 medium
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter, or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas and add in eggs, almond butter and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Next, add in coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Then, sift in almond flour and tapioca flour.
- Slowly add in almond milk and stir until combined. Fold in 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into lined bread pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- For best results, allow bread to cool for an hour before slicing and serving.
- Use ripe bananas for best results.
- Store leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
4 Comments on “Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread”
Really tasty bread and easy to make!!
Can the tapioca flour be replace?
This receipt is spectacular! I love the dense fudgy yet crumbly texture. As a bodybuilder with a ton of intolerances (and celiac), finding recipes for treats that I can have within my macros AND that is safe for my belly, without sacrificing something else, is hard and this banana bread is one of them! I use monk fruit crystals for my sugar. I absolutely love this bread!! I share this with all my like-minded friends and followers. Everyone whose tried it, loves it. Thanks Addison!
Wow! What an amazing review. Thank you so much! I’m so happy you love this banana bread.