No Bake Samoa Cookies (Caramel DeLites)
These no bake Samoa cookies are an easy and fun take on the classic Girl Scout cookies! This recipe is no bake and requires no oven. It takes just 30 minutes and requires only 3 ingredients! Kids and adults love this recipe. It is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These no bake Samoa cookies are quick and easy!
- This recipe requires only 3 ingredients.
- No oven is needed!
- These cookies take only 10 minutes of prep time.
- Kids love them!
- They are a much healthier version of the Girl Scout Caramel DeLites cookies.
- These cookies are healthy enough for breakfast but sweet enough for dessert.
- They are great for many diets and lifestyles.
- This recipe is grain free, gluten free, Paleo friendly, dairy free, nut free, vegan, egg free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out these Homemade Thin Mints for another Girl Scout cookie favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for these no bake Samoa cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and instructions.
Use pitted dates or pit your dates. I prefer Medjool dates.
Unsweetened coconut flakes add the delicious coconut flavor.
Lastly, use dark chocolate chips for the most rich flavor. Milk or semisweet chocolate works as well.
Taste & Texture
These no bake Samoa cookies are a healthier version of classic Samoa cookies. They are not quite as sweet. The dates provide a slight caramel flavor.
The cookies are chewy and slightly sticky. They are no bake, so they are not as chewy as traditional baked cookies.
How to Make
First, line a pan with parchment paper.
Add the pitted dates and coconut flakes to a food processor.
Process for 30 seconds, or until the mixture sticks together between your fingers.
Form the mixture into flat discs. Place on the lined pan.
Use the end of a wooden spoon to form a hole in the middle of each cookie.
Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate. Place on the pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top.
Place in the fridge for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
Lastly, remove the no bake Samoa cookies from the fridge and serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
These are the tips and tricks to make the best no bake Samoa cookies.
Use pitted dates. If your dates contain pits, remove them.
I like Medjool dates the best for this recipe. They are naturally soft and sweet.
You can make these cookies as big or small as desired.
Use the end of a wooden spoon or spatula to create the hole in the middle of the cookies. The hole is completely optional.
Allow them to chill until the chocolate is fully hardened.
How to Serve & Store
Serve these no bake Samoa cookies once chilled.
They are great by themselves, or served with a glass of milk, coffee, or tea.
I also love them chopped up and served on top of ice cream!
Store these cookies in the fridge or freezer. Do not store them at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the same cookies but have different names depending on the area of the country you live in.
These are similar to Girl Scout cookies, but different in terms of ingredients and overall texture. They are much less sweet, but they are healthier.
Use chocolate that melts easily. These cookies are not overly sweet, so if you are looking for a sweet option, use sweetened chocolate. I love dark chocolate for this recipe.
USA Pan 3 Piece Cookie Sheet Set: I use these cookie pans for every baking recipe.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: Line the pan with parchment paper.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
- Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Samoa Bars
- Gluten Free Samoa Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bars
If you make this no bake Samoa cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes!
Get the Recipe: No Bake Samoa Cookies
- First, line a pan with parchment paper.
- Add the pitted dates and coconut flakes to a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds, or until the mixture sticks together between your fingers.
- Form the mixture into flat discs. Place on the lined pan.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to form a hole in the middle of each cookie.
- Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate. Place on the pan. Drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Finally, remove from the fridge and serve! Store leftovers in the fridge.
- Be sure to pit the dates.
- This recipe makes about 6 to 8 cookies, depending on how big you make them.
- Allow the chocolate to fully harden in the fridge before serving these.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
Love these no bake Samoa cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!