Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies taste like a chocolate covered peanut butter ball! They are soft baked, melt in your mouth delicious, and so tasty. These flourless peanut butter cookies take only a few minutes to make. They are super easy and always so popular!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies require only 6 ingredients.
- They are insanely delicious!
- They are the peanut butter version of these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- These flourless cookies are bursting with peanut butter flavor.
- The melt chocolate chips are so rich and decadent.
- No need for almond flour or coconut flour!
- These cookies are so quick and easy.
- They are Paleo friendly, Keto, grain free, gluten free, flourless, dairy free, oil free, butter free, and low carb.
- Check out these Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies for another fun idea! These SunButter Cookies are also flourless.
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
A Keto diet is low in carbs. Peanut butter is somewhat low in carbs and can be eaten on a Keto diet.
Peanut butter contains 7 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber per 2 tablespoons. Thus, peanut butter contains 4 net carbs per serving.
If eaten in moderation, yes, peanut butter is Keto.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Use all natural creamy peanut butter for best results. I love the brand Teddie’s since it is made with only peanuts and salt. Peanut butter made with palm oil, preservatives or added sugars is too thick for this recipe.
Brown sugar Swerve is a great Keto brown sugar alternative for these cookies. For non Keto, light brown sugar is great. For Paleo, use coconut sugar.
The egg is very important. Since these Keto peanut butter cookies are flourless, the egg helps bind the dough together. I do not recommend an egg replacement or flax egg.
The vanilla extract adds the perfect touch of flavor.
Baking soda is the leavening agent used to help these cookies rise.
There are some great Keto chocolate brands on the market. I use and love Lily’s dark chocolate chips.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter and Keto brown sugar.
Then, stir in egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda.
Once combined, fold in Keto chocolate chips.
Use cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto lined pan.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just set in the middle.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use all natural creamy peanut butter for the best texture.
Fully mix cookie dough ingredients.
If dough is sticking to cookie scoop, spray scoop with nonstick spray. Mine did not stick at all.
Form evenly sized cookies to ensure even baking.
Bake until cookies are just set in the middle. Do not over bake!
Since these cookies are soft, gently handle them after baking. Allow them to cool completely before eating.
How to Serve & Store
Serve cookies once they are fully cooled. They are softer than normal cookies so handle with care!
Store cookies in the fridge for best results. This helps them stay together better.
These cookies can be frozen! Wrap each cookie individually and freeze for up to 1 month.
Keto baking can be tricky! Since both flour and sugar are high in carbs, Keto baking requires some substitutions.
In this recipe, no flour is used. Peanut butter is the base of these Keto cookies.
In addition, Swerve brown sugar is used as the sweetener.
Sugar free chocolate chips round things out!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use an all natural creamy peanut butter. It should be fairly runny.
Sure! Use an equal amount of creamy sunflower seed butter in place of the peanut butter.
No, I do not recommend making these egg free.
Sure! These cookies are great frozen.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter and brown sugar. Stir until completely combined.
- Then, add in egg, vanilla extract and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto lined baking pan.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just set in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for at least 5 minutes, or until they are cool enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in fridge for best results since they are soft.
- Use all natural creamy peanut butter for best results. The only ingredients in the peanut butter should be peanuts and salt.
- Brown sugar Swerve is a great Keto brown sugar.
- If dough is sticky, spray cookie scoop with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
- Bake until cookies are just set in the middle. They will be a little gooey but will firm up slightly at room temperature.
- For best results, store cookies in the fridge. Since they are flourless, they are more fragile and soft than normal.
Love these Keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!