Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
These Keto peanut butter cookies are so quick and easy! Only 15 minutes from start to finish. They are made with only 3 ingredients. These cookies have chewy edges and a soft gooey center. They have a strong peanut butter flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These keto peanut butter cookies are simple to make.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilling required.
- Each cookie contains only 3 net carbs.
- They have a strong peanut butter flavor.
- These cookies are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, flourless, sugar free, low carb and Keto.
- Feel free to use cashew butter or almond butter.
- These cookies are soft and chewy.
- If desired, add in sugar free chocolate chips.
- These Low Carb Cookies are another great healthy dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for keto peanut butter cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt. Do not use brands like Jif or Skippy that contain added sugars or preservatives. Stir peanut butter before measuring.
If desired, replace peanut butter with all natural creamy cashew butter or almond butter. This may slightly change the total carbs.
Monk fruit sweetener adds the sweetness. Monk fruit is a great keto baking sweetener. I have not tried another sweetener in this recipe, but brown sugar Swerve should work.
Lastly, one egg needed. I do not recommend replacing it with a vegan egg replacement.
If desired, add in some sugar free chocolate chips.
Taste & Texture
These keto peanut butter cookies have a strong peanut butter flavor. They are not overly sweet.
These cookies have slightly chewy edges. They are soft and gooey in the middle. They are a little dense.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir until fully combined.
Form dough into 12 equal sized balls. Place on baking pan. Use a fork to gently create a criss cross pattern.
Bake cookies for 9 to 10 minutes.
Finally, remove keto peanut butter cookies from oven. Allow cookies to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. Do not use brands with added oils, sugars or preservatives. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt.
Stir the jar of peanut butter before measuring. Natural peanut butter has oil separation.
The cookie dough will be thick. Be sure to fully mix ingredients together.
These cookies do not spread in the oven. Keep this in mind when forming the cookie dough balls.
Do not over bake. Bake until cookies look barely set in the middle. They are meant to be somewhat gooey.
Allow cookies to fully cool before moving. They cool quickly, but they are fragile at first.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider switching up the flavors of these peanut butter keto cookies.
Use almond butter.
Use cashew butter.
Add in sugar free chocolate chips.
Add in chopped unsweetened dark chocolate.
Sprinkle in a pinch of cinnamon.
Dip fully cooled cookies in melted sugar free chocolate.
For crunchy cookies, use all natural chunky peanut butter.
How to Serve & Store
Serve keto peanut butter cookies once cool.
They pair well with milk, coffee or tea.
These cookies are delicious served with keto ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Drizzle melted sugar free chocolate on top!
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For best results, eat within 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Peanut butter is great in small amounts on keto. Overall, it is low in carbs and sugar free.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter made from peanuts and salt. Do not use peanut butter with sugar or oil added.
Yes, these cookies are gluten free.
These cookies have slightly chewy edges and a soft gooey center. They are slightly dense.
Sure! Add sugar free chocolate chips if desired.
These cookies have 3 net carbs each.
You May Also Like
- Healthy Pumpkin Bars
- Keto Chocolate Frosting
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
If you make this keto peanut butter cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more great ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Form dough into 12 equal sized balls. Place on baking pan. Use a fork to gently press down in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
- Use all natural creamy peanut butter made with only peanuts and salt. Do not use peanut butter with added oils or sugars.
- Stir peanut butter before measuring.
- Cookie dough will be thick. Be sure to fully mix.
- These cookies do not spread while baking. Feel free to place them somewhat close together while baking.
- Bake until cookies look just barely set in the middle. They are meant to be soft.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. These cookies are best eaten within 24 hours.
- This recipe makes 12 small cookies or 7 to 8 large cookies.
- To calculate net carbs, subtract fiber from total carbs. For each cookie, 4 grams carbs – 1 gram fiber = 3 net carbs.
Love these homemade keto peanut butter cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!