Coconut Peanut Butter
This homemade Coconut Peanut Butter is so smooth and creamy! It is a fun twist on classic peanut butter. This nut butter is made with only 2 ingredients and takes a few minutes to make. Add it to baked goods, smoothies, apples, bananas, or eat it by the spoonful!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This coconut peanut butter is a fun take on peanut butter!
- It is made with only 2 ingredients.
- Using a Vitamix, this recipe only takes 2 minutes to make.
- The end result is so smooth and creamy!
- Great for smoothies, sandwiches, cookies, baked goods, energy balls and more.
- It is made without oil, without sugar, and without palm oil.
- This coconut flavored peanut butter is filling, healthy, and delicious paired with chocolate!
- For a coconut free version, check out this Vitamix Peanut Butter.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, oil free, soy free, and sugar free. It is also Keto friendly and low carb.
What is Coconut Peanut Butter?
Coconut peanut butter is made from only two ingredients: peanut butter and coconut flakes. It has a similar look, consistency and taste to regular peanut butter.
The coconut flakes add a touch of texture and a little sweetness.
Ingredients & Substitutions
There are only two ingredients and they are both vital!
Dry roasted salted peanuts are the best for this recipe. Since they are roasted, their natural oils release more quickly than raw peanuts. If desired, use unsalted peanuts and then add in sea salt if wanted.
The unsweetened coconut flakes add the flair to this recipe! I used Trader Joe’s since they contain only coconut flakes and no added sugars. Using sweetened coconut flakes will yield a significantly sweeter result.
How to Make
First, add peanuts and coconut flakes to Vitamix blender or food processor.
Blend until completely smooth and creamy. For a Vitamix, this takes around 2 minutes. For a food processor, this can take up to 10 minutes.
Finally, pour into a jar and secure lid.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use dry roasted salted peanuts for best results. Raw peanuts tend not to blend as easily.
Continue blending until completely smooth and creamy.
If necessary, stop blender and use a rubber spatula to scrape down sides of blender and push peanuts closer to the blade.
Be patient! Homemade nut butters take a few minutes to make.
Once made, stir before each use.
Variations & Add Ins
While this is packed with flavor, here are some fun ideas for mix ins:
- Cocoa powder
With all of the above, add a little bit at first and adjust amounts to suit your taste.
How to Serve & Store
Serve immediately or store for later use.
Store in a jar with lid or airtight container.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Alternatively, store in fridge for up to 1 month. When chilled, this peanut butter becomes significantly more thick. Stir before using.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! It will take longer if not using a Vitamix, but it will work. Continue blending until smooth and creamy.
This lasts about 1 month.
Sure! Add peanut butter and coconut flakes to a blender or Vitamix. Blend until smooth. This will be significantly quicker.
This tastes like a slightly sweeter peanut butter with a hint of coconut flavor. It has a little more texture than traditional creamy peanut butter.
Where to Buy
I always advocate for homemade recipes, but coconut peanut butter can be ordered online.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Coconut Peanut Butter
- First, add peanuts and coconut flakes to Vitamix or food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy. For a Vitamix, this takes about 2 minutes. For a food processor, this takes about 10 minutes.
- Stop and scrape down sides of blender if necessary.
- Once smooth and creamy, pour into a jar!
- This recipe makes about 1 cup of peanut butter. Each serving is about 2 tablespoons.
- Use dry roasted peanuts for best results.
- This peanut butter is not overly sweet. Feel free to use sweetened coconut flakes or a little coconut sugar to sweeten it.
- Store peanut butter in jar with lid at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Stir before using.
Love this coconut peanut butter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!