Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy, soft, and delicious! They are the perfect mix between a chocolate peanut butter ball and a chocolate chip cookie. These gluten free cookies are made with only a few healthy ingredients but they taste rich and decadent!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies only require 7 ingredients.
- They are made in one mixing bowl.
- These cookies taste like a chocolate covered peanut butter ball!
- They are incredibly soft and melt in your mouth delicious.
- These cookies are made without butter, without oil, and without dairy or gluten.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, flourless, egg free and Vegan.
- Check out these Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies for another fun dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
The flax eggs are made with ground flaxseed and water. I haven’t tried this recipe with chia eggs, regular eggs or another egg replacement. Allow flax eggs to gel together for 10 minutes.
Pack brown sugar tightly. I haven’t tried this with coconut sugar or white sugar, but I have a feeling the texture would be too gritty and grainy.
Use natural creamy peanut butter for best results. The ingredients should be only peanuts and sea salt. You can also make this Vitamix peanut butter!
The vanilla extract adds a touch of classic cookie flavor.
Baking soda is the leavening agent used.
Use Vegan chocolate chips to keep this recipe Vegan. Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips are a great option!
How to Make
First, make flax eggs. Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Let this mixture gel together for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix packed brown sugar and peanut butter until combined.
Then, add in flax eggs, vanilla extract and baking soda. Stir to combine.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Use cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto lined pan.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until middles are set and edges are slightly golden.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Allow flax eggs to gel together for 10 minutes. This allows them to replicate the texture of eggs.
Use natural creamy peanut butter for best results.
If the cookie dough is sticking to your cookie scoop, spray a little bit of nonstick spray on your scooper. This helps the dough not stick.
Bake until middles are set and edges have started to turn golden.
Baking them for 7 minutes yields soft cookies. Baking for 9 minutes yields crispier golden cookies.
How to Serve & Store
Serve cookies once they have cooled enough to handle carefully.
Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Alternatively, store in fridge for up to 7 days.
These cookies can be frozen! Wrap each individual cookie and freeze for up to 1 month.
Vegan Chocolate Chips
To keep this recipe Vegan, use Vegan chocolate chips.
My favorite brand is Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips, which are Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free.
Enjoy Life also makes Vegan chocolate chunks which would work well too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt.
I recommend the brand Enjoy Life.
Yes! This dough can be enjoyed raw.
No, there is no need to chill the dough.
Yes. Wrap each cookie and freeze.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- First, add ground flaxseed and water to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Let this sit for 10 minutes to gel together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix packed brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Then, add in flax eggs, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto lined baking pan.
- Since these cookies do not spread much, carefully press down on each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until middles are just set and edges are lightly golden. Soft gooey cookies take about 7 minutes while crispy cookies take 9 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes on pan before carefully removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Make flax eggs first so they have time to gel together. They will have a similar texture to an egg white.
- Use natural creamy peanut butter (the kind made with only peanuts and salt). Traditional peanut butter will lead to denser cookies.
- I love Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips because they are gluten free, dairy free, soy free and Vegan.
- If the cookie dough mixture is too sticky for your cookie scoop, lightly spray cookie scoop with nonstick spray. This will help you scoop the dough.
- These cookies do not spread much while baking.
- They are soft and fragile after they are baked. Handle carefully!
- For soft gooey cookies, check them at 7 minutes. For a crispier cookie, bake for about 9 minutes.
Love these Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!