Vitamix Peanut Butter
This Vitamix Peanut Butter is smooth, creamy, and so easy! It is made in just a couple minutes and requires only one ingredient: peanuts. This homemade peanut butter is easy, healthy, versatile and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Who doesn’t love peanut butter?
- It is smooth, creamy, and delicious.
- This Vitamix peanut butter takes less than 2 minutes to make.
- This recipes for homemade peanut butter is simple and straightforward.
- Only one ingredient is needed.
- It tastes way better and more fresh than store bought.
- This peanut butter is so versatile.
- Use it with apples, bananas, by the spoonful, or in this Healthy Snickers Smoothie!
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Vegan, and sugar free.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Dry roasted salted peanuts work best for this homemade peanut butter. Roasted peanuts tend to release their oils more naturally and quickly, which aids in the processing of making peanut butter.
If desired, use unsalted peanuts. Then, you can decide if you want to add in a certain type of salt to your Vitamix or leave it out altogether.
Which Vitamix Model to Use
Since Vitamix blenders are incredibly powerful, all models work well!
I used my Vitamix E310 which is a more inexpensive option. The peanut butter was smooth and creamy in less than 2 minutes!
If using another brand of blender or food processor, this process could take up to 10 minutes. I highly recommend using a Vitamix if you own one!
How to Make
First, add peanuts to Vitamix blender.
Secure lid and blend on medium until smooth and creamy. This is what it looks like after about 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Once completely smooth, pour into a jar with lid or airtight container.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Roasted peanuts are easier to blend than raw peanuts. I suggest using roasted!
Use the tamper accessory that comes with the Vitamix. Push down peanuts closer to the blade to speed up blending.
If your Vitamix has started to heat up, simply turn it off and let it rest for a minute. Then, continue blending.
Variations & Add Ins
Here are some great ideas to add in to the peanut butter. Add these ingredients to Vitamix with peanuts before blending.
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- ground ginger
- chia seeds
- coconut sugar
- cocoa powder
Add these ingredients in very small amounts to start. Then, adjust to suit your taste. Check out this Coconut Peanut Butter too!
How to Clean Vitamix After Making Peanut Butter
One of the best things about a Vitamix is how easy it is to clean!
After making peanut butter and scraping the blender clean with a spoon or rubber spatula, add 1 cup of water and a squirt of dish soap to Vitamix. Place cover on top. Mix on low medium speed until clean.
I usually give it another rinse to ensure blender is completely clean.
How to Serve & Store
Serve peanut butter immediately or store in a glass jar with lid.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 month. If natural oil separation occurs, stir before using.
This Vitamix peanut butter can be refrigerated, but it will firm up.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best blender to make peanut butter is a Vitamix! They are high speed, powerful machines.
Yes! The Vitamix can easily grind nuts.
Add a cup of water and a squirt of dish soap. Add lid on top. Blend until clean.
Sure! Either use salted peanuts or add in salt to unsalted peanuts before blending.
I used dry roasted salted peanuts and it came out great. I highly recommend using roasted peanuts as opposed to raw peanuts.
This peanut butter is made from only salted peanuts.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Vitamix Peanut Butter
- 2 cups roasted salted peanuts
- Vitamix blender
- First, add peanuts to Vitamix blender.
- Secure lid. Blend until smooth and creamy. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use tamper tool to help push peanut butter down towards the blade.
- If needed, turn Vitamix off and scrape down sides of blender. Then, continue blending until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, pour into jar with lid or airtight container.
- If using unsalted peanuts, add in 1/4 tsp sea salt before blending.
- Blend on medium speed (about speed 4 to 5 on an 8 speed blender).
- If using a food processor or lower speed blender, this process can take up to 10 minutes.
- With my Vitamix, it took around 90 seconds.
- This recipe makes about 1 cup of peanut butter. Each serving is about 2 tablespoons.
- Store in a glass jar with lid or airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- A little natural oil separation may occur. Stir before using.
- I use the Vitamix E310 which is a cheaper Vitamix option. It works great!
Love this Vitamix peanut butter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!