Gluten Free Blondies
These gluten free blondies are gooey, buttery and delicious! They have a rich and decadent caramel flavor and the best texture. This quick and easy recipe is great for birthdays, holidays, Christmas and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These gluten free blondies are quick and easy.
- They are made in one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilling required.
- This recipe is made with only pantry staples.
- Feel free to use melted butter or brown butter.
- They have golden chewy edges and a soft gooey center.
- This recipe is gluten free and nut free.
- Check out these Almond Flour Blondies for another great dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for gluten free blondies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use melted butter or brown butter. Both options work well. For brown butter, add butter to a skillet. Cook on low medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir occasionally until color becomes golden. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
Brown sugar adds the sweetness. When combined with butter, it creates a delicious caramel flavor. Brown sugar is one of the most prominent flavors in this recipe. Therefore, do not substitute.
Two eggs help bind these blondies together. I do not recommend trying to use a Vegan egg replacement, flax eggs or chia eggs. For their egg free counterpart, check out these Vegan Blondies.
Vanilla extract adds a great warmth.
Use gluten free 1 to 1 flour. King Arthur Flour, Bob’s Red Mill and Happy Day Brands are great options. I do not recommend a substitute. For the almond flour version, check out these Almond Flour Blondies.
Baking powder helps leaven these gluten free blonde brownies.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if using unsalted butter.
Add as many chocolate chips as your heart desires. There is no limit!
What Are Blondies?
Blondies are blonde brownies, which are brownies made without cocoa powder. The main flavors are butter and brown sugar. This creates a delicious caramel butterscotch flavor.
Most blondies contain chocolate chips. They are similar to chocolate chip cookie bars. In addition, they have the gooey fudge like texture of brownies.
Taste & Texture
These gluten free blondies taste like chocolate chip cookies with a slight caramel flavor. They are buttery, sweet, chocolaty and delicious!
The texture is fudge like and gooey. The edges are slightly chewy while the middle is soft.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
Add butter to a skillet. Melt completely. Optional: continue stirring for 5 to 7 minutes to create brown butter. Then, set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Then, add in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Add in gluten free flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spread batter into lined pan.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow gluten free blondies to cool fully before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use either fully melted butter or brown butter. Allow butter to cool before stirring into batter.
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Line pan with parchment paper.
This recipe can be made in an 8 inch or 9 inch pan. It can also be made in a 9 inch by 13 inch pan, but the blondies will be much thinner and more gooey.
Bake only until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. They are meant to be gooey! Do not over bake.
Allow gluten free blondies to cool before slicing into.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these fun flavor variations to these gluten free blondies.
Add in a dash of cinnamon.
Use white chocolate chips.
Use chocolate chunks.
Instead of chocolate, use M&Ms.
Add in chopped peanut butter cups.
Top with vanilla or chocolate frosting.
Add in chopped gluten free Oreos.
How to Serve & Store
Serve blondies once cool enough to slice into. They are gooey!
Serve with a scoop of ice cream or fudge sauce.
Store leftovers for up to 4 days at room temperature.
These gluten free blondies freeze well!
Frequently Asked Questions
A brownie is made with cocoa powder, where as a blondie is not. Blondies have more of a caramel butterscotch flavor instead of chocolate.
No. Fully melt butter. Then, you can continue cooking it until it becomes brown butter if desired. Otherwise, use regular melted butter.
Blondies have a delicious caramel butterscotch flavor.
Sure! Use dairy free butter. I do not recommend using coconut oil. They will become too oily.
You May Also Like
- Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Cookie Dough
- Paleo Brownies
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
If you make this gluten free blondies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Gluten Free Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Gluten Free Blondies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Add butter to a skillet. Melt completely. Optional: continue stirring for 5 to 7 minutes to create brown butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in gluten free flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into lined pan.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow blondies to cool fully before slicing and serving.
- Melt butter or make brown butter. To make brown butter, add butter to a skillet over low medium heat. Stir occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until butter has turned into a golden color. Allow it to cool.
- I have made these blondies with regular melted butter and with brown butter. They are both great! Brown butter creates more of a caramel, butterscotch flavor.
- Bake blondies until toothpick inserted comes out clean. They are meant to be gooey!
- Allow them to completely cool before slicing into.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- These blondies are great in the fridge or freezer!
Love these gluten free blondies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!