Almond Flour Blondies (Gluten Free and Dairy Free)
These Gluten Free Almond Flour Blondies brownies are such a classic! They are like a chocolate chip cookie in bar form, but way better. The edges are golden and crispy, the middles are gooey, and there is plenty of dark chocolate to go around. This Almond Flour Blondies recipe is incredibly easy to make, and they’re always such a hit. They are one of my favorite Paleo desserts!
My two all time favorite desserts are chocolate chip cookies and brownies. These almond flour blondies are the PERFECT combination of these.
Why You’ll Love This Gluten Free Blondies Recipe
These are a family favorite. Here is why you will make them over and over again:
- This recipe is incredibly quick and easy! One bowl and one pan are used.
- These almond flour blondies are rich, fudgy, gooey and chocolaty! They are truly the best.
- They are made with almond flour and almond butter, which add heartiness and bit of protein.
- These easy Paleo blondies are made without brown sugar, without butter, without baking powder, and without wheat flour.
- Healthy ingredients are used, such as coconut oil instead of butter.
- These chewy blondies are the ultimate dessert! They are no fail.
- Peanut butter can be used in place of the almond flour to make these peanut butter blondies!
- In addition to being Gluten Free, these Blondies are Paleo, Dairy Free, Grain Free and low sugar.
Baking with Almond Flour
Baking with almond flour has many benefits. Here is the why almond flour is the perfect flour for these blonde brownies:
- Almond flour is significantly healthier than wheat flour or even gluten free 1 to 1 flour.
- It has a slightly nutty flavor which adds to the overall flavor of these Almond flour blondies.
- Unlike other gluten free flours, almond flour is not dense or dry.
- These almond flour blonde brownies have the perfect texture: just slightly chewy.
- See my Guide to Gluten Free Flours and Baking for more info!
How To Make Blondies from Scratch
To make Almond flour Blondies, first preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
To start, melt coconut oil in the microwave and set aside.
Next, beat egg and coconut sugar for 1 minute before sifting in almond flour.
Then, add in remaining ingredients and melted coconut oil before folding in chocolate chips.
Add batter to pan and bake for 17 to 18 minutes, or until edges are crispy and the middle is set.
Finally, remove almond flour blondies from oven and cool 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Ghee or grass fed butter can be substituted for coconut oil.
- Instead of creamy almond butter, feel free to use creamy cashew butter or SunButter.
- Replace maple syrup with honey.
How To Store Leftovers
These Paleo Blonde Brownies maintain their shape and texture very well at room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How are blonde brownies different from regular brownies?
Brownies are chocolate based, whereas blonde brownies are vanilla based.
Are blonde brownies supposed to be gooey?
Yes, blonde brownies are gooey.
What should the batter look like?
Blonde brownie batter looks like a really thick chocolate chip cookie dough.
Can I make Keto blondies?
Yes! To make Keto blondies, replace coconut sugar with zero carb granulated sugar. In addition, replace maple syrup with Keto liquid sweetener. Lastly, use sugar free chocolate chips.
How do I make gooey blondies?
As written, this gluten free blondies recipe yields a gooey blondie. The trick is to undercook the blondies just a little bit. Over baking will lead to dry blondies.
How do I know when blondies are done?
These healthy almond butter blondies are done when the middle is set. If the middle of the blondies is still jiggly, then return to oven until just baked through.
Is almond flour gluten and dairy free?
Yes, almond flour is gluten and dairy free.
Can I add in walnuts?
Sure! Add walnuts or any other nut to the batter before baking.
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Paleo Blonde Brownies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave safe dish, melt coconut oil. Set aside.
- Next, in a stand mixer or KitchenAid, beat egg and coconut sugar for 1 minute. Sift in almond flour.
- Then, add in almond butter, baking soda, maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Once mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan.
- Then, bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is set.
- Finally, remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!