Pink Sugar Cookies
These pink sugar cookies are fun, festive and so easy to make! This one bowl recipe takes only 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to bake. No dough chilling required! These easy cookies are great for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, baby showers and more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These pink sugar cookies take only 20 minutes to make.
- Everything is made in one bowl.
- No dough chilling required.
- For a winter version, try these Melted Snowman Cookies!
- They are fun for Valentine’s Day, baby showers and gender reveal parties.
- Feel free to use another color food dye.
- They are buttery and sweet.
- This recipe is gluten free and nut free.
- Check out these Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles for another fun dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for pink sugar cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use cold butter right from the fridge. Do not use softened or melted butter. Cold butter prevents the cookies from spreading too thin in the oven. Beat butter and sugar together until no clumps of butter remain.
Granulated sugar adds the sweetness. Beating the butter and sugar will take about 2 to 3 minutes. I have not tried this recipe with a sugar alternative.
Use one egg and one additional egg yolk. This keeps the cookies more soft and dense than cake like. For an eggless version, make these Vegan Sugar Cookies!
A bit of vanilla extract adds a delicious homemade flavor.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour can be used. I used King Arthur Flour gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Measure carefully.
Baking powder leavens these sugar cookies.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if using unsalted buter.
Red food coloring turns these cookies pink. Use one or two drops to start. Then mix and continue adding coloring as desired.
Taste & Texture
These pink sugar cookies are sweet and buttery! Despite their pink color, they taste like classic sugar cookies.
They are soft baked and thick. These are not as thin and crispy as some sugar cookies. They are thick and doughy!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cold butter and sugar. Mix on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until no clumps of butter remain.
Then, add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Add in flour, baking powder and sea salt. Then, stir to combine.
Add red food coloring one drop at a time. Continue stirring and adding food coloring until dough reaches desired pink color.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of cookie dough onto lined pan. Use hands to slightly flatten each ball of dough.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies are barely set in the middle.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use cold butter straight from your fridge. Do not use softened or melted butter.
Use a stand mixer or electric mixers to beat butter and sugars. Beat until no clumps of butter remain.
The dough will be thick.
Use a cookie scooper to scoop balls of dough. Then, flatten with your hands.
These cookies spread slightly but not too much.
Try to make cookies as uniformly sized as possible.
Do not over bake. Cookies are done when the middles are barely set.
These pink sugar cookies are fragile when they are warm. Allow them to cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
How to Serve & Store
Serve pink sugar cookies once cool enough to handle. They are gooey at first!
These cookies pair well with a glass of milk, coffee or hot chocolate.
They are fun in an ice cream sundae too!
Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dye cookie dough pink with red food coloring. Use only a few drops.
No, these are not meant to be rolled out and cut into shapes. These are drop sugar cookies.
No, there is no need to chill the dough. The cold butter keeps the dough cold already.
You May Also Like
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- Paleo Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
If you make this pink sugar cookies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more great ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Pink Sugar Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cold butter and sugar. Mix on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until no clumps of butter remain.
- Then, add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add red food coloring one drop at a time. Continue stirring and adding food coloring until dough reaches desired pink color.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of cookie dough onto lined pan. Use hands to slightly flatten each ball of dough.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies are barely set in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Use cold butter straight from the fridge. Do not use melted or softened butter. This would cause the cookies to spread too thin.
- Mix butter and sugar until no clumps of butter remain. This usually takes 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cookie dough will be thick.
- Add as much or as little red food coloring as desired. Add slowly.
- Use hands to flatten cookie dough balls before baking.
- Bake only until cookies are barely set in the middle.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Love these pink sugar cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!