Dairy Free Mint Chocolate Smoothie
Say hello to this smooth and creamy Mint Chocolate Smoothie! This smoothie tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it’s made with wholesome and healthy ingredients. It is just as delicious for breakfast as it is for dessert!
I’ve always been a huge fan of anything mint chocolate! This smoothie is a great way to satisfy that craving in a healthy way. This smoothie is rich and indulgent and the mini chocolate chips are crave worthy!
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe is super quick and easy. Here’s why I crave it every week:
- The frozen banana adds so much creaminess to this Mint Chocolate Smoothie.
- Frozen spinach adds thickness and a natural green color. In addition, spinach is high in magnesium, vitamin B and other minerals.
- A little bit of mini chocolate gives this smooth that classic mint chocolate flavor.
- Everything is made in one blender! Super quick and easy.
- They taste like the Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s!
- Check out this Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream for another cold treat.
- My other favorite green drink is this Lime Juice Recipe!
First, add all ingredients to a blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a glass and enjoy! Garnish with extra mini chocolate chips if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What makes a smoothie creamy?
In this case, a frozen banana and frozen spinach make this Mint Chocolate smoothie extra creamy.
What to put in a smoothie to make it thick?
The frozen banana and frozen spinach make this smoothie thick.
Can I use another dairy free milk?
Yes! Any dairy free milk works. See other Dairy Free recipes here.
What if I don’t like spinach?
You cannot taste the spinach in this smoothie. Kale can be substituted.
Can I use mint extract instead of mint leaves?
Yes, mint extract can be used in place of mint leaves. Use just a drop! Mint extract is VERY strong. The smoothie might be slightly less green in color but it will taste similar.
Are shamrock shakes gluten free?
According to McDonald’s website, yes shamrock shakes are gluten free!
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Dairy Free Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 tsp dairy free mini chocolate chips
- First, add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Lastly, garnish with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Carefully chop frozen banana before adding to blender.
- Fresh spinach can be used in place of frozen spinach, but smoothie won’t be as thick and creamy. Kale (frozen or fresh) can also be used.
- I use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips which are dairy free and gluten free. They have a little bit of added sugar.
- Feel free to add more mint leaves if desired. Mint leaves can be replaced by mint extract. Use only a drop of mint extract.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!