Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken
This Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken is a super quick and easy dinner. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The chicken is packed with flavor and melt in your mouth tender. In addition to being Whole30 approved, this chicken dinner is made with just a handful of healthy ingredients. These flavors are similar to my Whole30 Sesame Ginger Meatballs and those are a crowd favorite!
Ingredients for Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken
This Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken is made with only a handful of healthy ingredients. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, but bone in skin on work too. See cooking tips below for cooking times.
- Chicken thighs
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Ground ginger
- Coconut aminos
- Lime juice
- Green onions
How to Make Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with sea salt and pepper. Place chicken into a casserole dish.
In a bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, ground ginger and coconut aminos. Brush half of this sauce onto chicken.
Then, bake chicken for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. For bone in, bake 45 to 50 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven. Pour remaining sauce mixture onto chicken. Then, broil chicken for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly crispy.
Finally, remove from oven and serve.
How to Bake Chicken Thighs in the Oven
This is the easiest way to bake chicken thighs in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, season chicken thighs and place into casserole dish.
- Bake chicken until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use bone in skin on chicken thighs?
Yes! Add about 20 more minutes of baking time. When chicken has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is done.
What is coconut aminos?
Coconut aminos is the soy free and gluten free version of soy sauce. It has the exact same taste, but it is Whole30 approved.
How do I store leftovers?
Store Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, place chicken in an oven safe dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes or until warmed.
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Garlic Ginger Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- pinch sea salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- green onions, to garnish
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season with sea salt and pepper on both sides. Place chicken in a casserole or baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, coconut aminos, lime juice and ground ginger in a bowl. Then, brush half of this sauce over chicken.
- Bake chicken thighs for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. For bone in thighs, bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove dish from oven. Next, pour remaining half of sauce on top. Broil chicken for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Finally, remove from oven and garnish with chopped green onions.