Whole30 Pork Chops with Garlic Ghee Sauce
Say goodbye to dry boring pork chops and hello to these Whole30 Pork Chops! The homemade garlic ghee sauce is the perfect creamy sauce on top! These pork chops are tender, hearty and so flavorful!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, place pork chops in skillet.
Sear pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Remove from heat. Place skillet in oven.
Bake 15-20 minutes, until cooked through (internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oven.
Meanwhile, melt ghee in the microwave. Stir in olive oil and minced garlic. Spoon this sauce over each pork chop.
Garnish with chopped basil if desired. Serve Whole30 pork chops.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you cook pork chops without drying them out?
This method of searing and then baking yields tender pork chops. Typically, overcooking pork chops will make them dry.
Do you cover pork chops when baking?
No, these Whole30 pork chops do not need to be covered.
How long do you cook pork chops for?
After searing, bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Pork chops are done when they are at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
Can I make this with chicken?
Yes! Follow the same recipe steps. Check doneness of chicken while baking. Depending on thickness, they might need less time in the oven.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Pork Chops with Garlic Ghee Sauce
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron or oven safe skillet. Once oil is hot, place pork chops in skillet. Sear for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat on each side.
- Then, remove from heat. Place skillet in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove skillet from oven.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in a small microwave safe dish. Stir in olive oil and minced garlic. Spoon this sauce over each pork chop.
- Finally, garnish with chopped basil if desired.
- Pat pork chops dry before seasoning and searing.
- Sear each pork chop for 4 to 5 minutes on medium on each side before flipping. This helps get a nice sear on each side.
- Pork is done when it reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. I let mine cook until well done, or around 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- My pork chops took about 20 minutes in the oven, but this will vary depending on the pork chop thickness.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!