Whole30 Beef and Broccoli
This Whole30 Beef and Broccoli is WAY better than takeout! This version is healthy and delicious. The beef is so tender and flavorful while the broccoli adds a punch of color and flavor. This one skillet meal is a great Whole30 lunch or dinner option. Moreover, beef and broccoli is a healthy dinner the whole family will love!
FLANK STEAK: Flank steak is a thin and tender cut of meat. It’s the perfect choice for Whole30 Beef and Broccoli. Slice flank steak against the grain into long thin strips.
TAPIOCA FLOUR: Tapioca flour is very similar to cornstarch, but it’s Whole30 approved. It adds a great breading to the steak.
COCONUT AMINOS: Coconut aminos is the soy free and gluten free version of soy sauce and acts as the base of the sauce.
SEASONINGS: This Whole30 Beef and Broccoli is packed with flavor: ginger, garlic, and pepper.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: rice vinegar, olive oil, broccoli, sesame seeds, cauliflower rice (optional)
How To Make
To make Whole30 Beef and Broccoli, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
Next, slice steak against the grain into long thin strips. Place steak and tapioca flour into a Ziplock bag and shake until steak is completely coated.
Then, discard excess tapioca flour and add steak to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Add remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds and cauliflower rice) to the skillet. Bring to a light boil then simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Lastly, remove from heat and serve with cauliflower rice. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
What is Beef and Broccoli Sauce Made of?
Beef and broccoli sauce is made of coconut aminos, rice vinegar and some seasonings. This Whole30 approved version tastes just like the traditional sauce but it’s made with all gluten free, sugar free and dairy free ingredients. These flavors are very similar to these Whole30 Sesame Ginger Meatballs, another crowd favorite!
You may Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Beef and Broccoli
- First, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut steak against the grain into long thin strips. Place all steak strips into a Ziplock bag and add in tapioca flour. Shake bag until steak is fully coated.
- Remove steak from bag and discard any excess tapioca flour. Add steak to skillet.
- Then, cook steak for 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds and cauliflower rice) to the skillet.
- After that, bring sauce to a light boil and then lower heat. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds and serve with cauliflower rice if desired.
- Both flank steak and skirt steak work best in this recipe.
- Slice steak thin before cooking.
- The longer the sauce simmers, the thicker it will become.
- Remove sauce from heat when it reaches desired consistency.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, add leftovers to a skillet over low. Heat until warmed.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!