Whole30 Beef and Broccoli
This Whole30 Beef and Broccoli is way better than takeout! This version is healthy and delicious. The beef is so tender and flavorful while the broccoli adds a punch of color and flavor. This one skillet meal is a great Whole30 lunch or dinner option. Moreover, beef and broccoli is a healthy dinner the whole family will love!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Whole30 beef and broccoli is quick and easy.
- It is healthier and cheaper than takeout.
- From start to finish, only 25 minutes needed.
- Both kids and adults love this recipe.
- It is great for lunches, dinners, meal prep and leftovers.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and nut free.
- Check out this Whole30 Orange Chicken for another delicious recipe!
Flank steak is a thin and tender cut of meat. It’s the perfect choice for Whole30 beef and broccoli. Slice flank steak against the grain into long thin strips. Use fresh steak, not frozen, for best results.
Tapioca flour is very similar to cornstarch, but it’s Whole30 approved. It adds a great breading to the steak. If needed, use arrowroot starch in its place.
Coconut aminos is the soy free and gluten free version of soy sauce and acts as the base of the sauce. If not strictly Whole30, use gluten free soy sauce.
This Whole30 beef and broccoli is packed with flavor: ginger, garlic, and pepper. Taste as you cook and adjust seasonings as needed.
Other ingredients include rice vinegar, olive oil, broccoli, sesame seeds, and cauliflower rice (optional).
How To Make
To make Whole30 beef and broccoli, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
Next, slice steak against the grain into long thin strips. Place steak and tapioca flour into a Ziplock bag and shake until steak is completely coated.
Then, discard excess tapioca flour and add steak to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Add remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds and cauliflower rice) to the skillet. Bring to a light boil then simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Lastly, remove from heat and serve with cauliflower rice. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
What is Beef and Broccoli Sauce Made of?
Beef and broccoli sauce is made of coconut aminos, rice vinegar and some seasonings. This Whole30 approved version tastes just like the traditional sauce but it’s made with all gluten free, sugar free and dairy free ingredients. These flavors are very similar to these Whole30 Sesame Ginger Meatballs, another crowd favorite!
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use fresh steak. Frozen steak can be used, but thaw beforehand.
Slice steak thin before cooking. This allows it to become extra tender.
The sauce thickens as it simmers. Carefully watch to prevent burning. Stir as needed.
Cook until broccoli is fork tender.
Taste as you cook. Then, adjust seasonings and flavors as needed.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Whole30 beef and broccoli fresh and hot!
This meal consists of a protein and veggie carb. It is cooked in olive oil, which is a healthy fat.
Serve atop cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower.
This beef is also great served with spaghetti squash.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You may Also Like
If you make this Whole30 beef and broccoli recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Whole30 Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Beef and Broccoli
- First, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut steak against the grain into long thin strips. Place all steak strips into a Ziplock bag and add in tapioca flour. Shake bag until steak is fully coated.
- Remove steak from bag and discard any excess tapioca flour. Add steak to skillet.
- Then, cook steak for 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds and cauliflower rice) to the skillet.
- After that, bring sauce to a light boil and then lower heat. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds and serve with cauliflower rice if desired.
- Both flank steak and skirt steak work best in this recipe.
- Slice steak thin before cooking.
- The longer the sauce simmers, the thicker it will become.
- Remove sauce from heat when it reaches desired consistency.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, add leftovers to a skillet over low. Heat until warmed.
Love this Whole30 beef and broccoli? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!