Whole30 Garlic Steak Bites with Sweet Potatoes and Peppers
These Whole30 Steak Bites and Potatoes are at the corner of quick and easy and incredibly delicious! You won’t believe that such a tasty meal comes together so quickly. This one skillet Whole30 approved dinner is a winner!
This Whole30 Steak Bites and Potatoes recipe is a regular in my house. It works well with any season and for any night of the week!
Why This Recipe Works
It doesn’t matter if it’s summer or winter, a weeknight or a weekend, this recipe suits it all! Here is why:
- Only one skillet is required!
- This recipe comes together in about 30 to 35 minutes.
- This recipe is customizable. Feel free to use another cut of steak (or even chicken or pork!) and your favorite veggies.
- No weird ingredients!
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a cast iron skillet. Rub dry spices over cubed steak. Cook steak for 4 to 5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
Remove steak from pan. Next, add remaining olive oil and cubed sweet potatoes to the pan.
Cover with a lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on medium, flipping every 2 minutes.
Once sweet potatoes are soft and tender, add chopped peppers and minced garlic to the pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until peppers are soft.
Return steak to the pan and drizzle coconut aminos in pan. Allow it all to cook together 3 to 4 minutes.
Finally, remove from pan. Serve Whole30 Steak Bites and potatoes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which cut of steak is best?
I highly suggest using a tender cut of steak. Flank steak or skirt steak doesn’t dry out when cooked.
Can I choose another cut of steak?
Yes. This recipe is easily adaptable to other cuts of steak. Check that the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
How do I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How do I reheat?
To reheat, add leftovers and a drizzle of olive oil to a skillet over low medium heat. Heat until warmed through.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Garlic Steak Bites with Sweet Potatoes and Peppers
- First, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Chop steak into 1 inch cubes and rub with onion powder, sea salt and pepper on all sides. Add steak to pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Then, remove steak from pan and place on a plate. Add remaining olive oil and cubed sweet potatoes to the skillet.
- Cover skillet while sweet potatoes cook. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes with lid on, flipping every 2 minutes or so. Cook until sweet potatoes are soft and tender.
- Next, add chopped peppers and minced garlic to the pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until peppers are softened.
- Return steak to the pan. Drizzle coconut aminos into skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Finally, remove from skillet and serve!
- Cube steak into evenly sized pieces.
- Cube sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces for best results. Continue cooking sweet potatoes until they are soft and tender. (This may take longer than 10 minutes depending on size of potatoes).
- Steak is done when it’s at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!