Vegan Mug Brownie
This Vegan Mug Brownie recipe is the EASIEST, most healthy and most delicious little dessert! It is made entirely in the microwave and requires just a few healthy ingredients. This gluten free mug brownie is rich, fudge like and chocolaty!
This mug brownie is the perfect little dessert, midnight snack or afternoon pick me up. Since it is made with only 6 ingredients, it is incredibly simple and easy! This gooey brownie in a mug is made in the microwave. This is my go to favorite for that quick chocolate fix.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is a recipe you will be making over and over again! Here is why it is irresistible:
- This Vegan mug brownie takes 5 minutes from start to finish.
- There are only 6 ingredients required.
- The almond flour and almond butter (or peanut butter or cashew butter) add protein.
- This is made no milk, no oil and no flour. Instead, it is made with almond flour and Vegan milk.
- If you are craving brownies but do not want to make a whole batch, this is the perfect recipe for you!
- This gluten free mug brownie tastes just like a gooey brownie.
- The melted dark chocolate chips are crave worthy!
What is a Mug Brownie?
A mug brownie is a brownie that is baked in a mug. In this case, it is microwaved for just 1 minute. This Vegan chocolate mug brownie is gooey, chocolaty and delicious!
How To Make
First, spray a small mug or ramekin with coconut oil spray.
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Once combined, pour batter into mug.
Next, microwave for 1 minute.
Carefully remove from microwave.
Finally, top with desired toppings and dig in to this Vegan Mug Brownie!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What makes this mug brownie Vegan?
This mug brownie contains only Vegan ingredients. Therefore, it is Vegan. My Vegan recipes page has many more Vegan recipes!
Is this mug brownie gluten free?
Yes! This brownie in a mug is gluten free and grain free.
Is this different from a mug cake?
Slightly. Mug cakes are usually more cake like and less dense. This gooey mug brownie is rich and fudge like. In addition, a mug cake rises while microwaving.
Which dark chocolate chips are Vegan?
Which dairy free milks can I use?
Any dairy free milk will work. I used almond milk, but cashew milk, light coconut milk or macadamia nut milk will work. For a non Paleo option, oat milk is great too.
Can I use any nut butter?
Sure! Any drippy (not thick or chunky) nut butter will work. Look for nut butters that use only nuts and salt for their ingredients. Nut butters with added sugars or oils will throw off the consistency. Peanut butter (not Paleo), cashew butter and almond butter work well.
Can I double or triple this recipe?
Yes! If doubling, use two mugs. I do not suggest doubling the ingredients and microwaving it all in the same mug. Additionally, the middle will be very under baked in that scenario.
Would this work in an oven?
Sure! Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Vegan Mug Brownie
- First, spray a small mug or ramekin with coconut oil spray.
- Next, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour batter into mug.
- Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Then, microwave for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove from oven (it is HOT!).
- Finally, garnish with desired toppings and serve!
- Any drippy nut butter can be used.
- Dough will be thick.
- Any dairy free milk will work!
- Microwave for 1 minute. Brownie might be a little gooey in the middle.
- Use an oven mitt to remove from microwave.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!