Vegan Mug Brownie
This Vegan mug brownie recipe is the easiest, most healthy and most delicious little dessert! It is made entirely in the microwave and requires just a few healthy ingredients. This gluten free mug brownie is rich, fudge like and chocolaty!
This mug brownie is the perfect little dessert, midnight snack or afternoon pick me up. Since it is made with only 6 ingredients, it is incredibly simple and easy! This gooey brownie in a mug is made in the microwave. This is my go to favorite for that quick chocolate fix. I also love this Protein Mug Cake!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is a recipe you will be making over and over again! Here is why it is irresistible:
- This Vegan mug brownie takes 5 minutes from start to finish.
- There are only 6 ingredients required for the best mug brownie!
- The almond flour and almond butter (or peanut butter or cashew butter) add protein.
- This healthy mug brownie is made no milk, no oil and no flour. Instead, it is made with almond flour and Vegan milk.
- If you are craving brownies but do not want to make a whole batch, this is the perfect recipe for you!
- This microwave gluten free mug brownie tastes just like a gooey brownie.
- This recipe is Paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and Vegan.
- The melted dark chocolate chips are crave worthy in this eggless chocolate brownie recipe.
- Check out these Paleo Brownies for another great dessert!
What is a Mug Brownie?
A mug brownie is a brownie that is baked in a mug. In this case, it is microwaved for just 1 minute. This Vegan chocolate mug brownie is gooey, chocolaty and delicious!
This eggless microwave brownie recipe is extremely easy. It tastes like a brownie in a cup. In addition, it is eggless and Vegan. This single serve microwave mug brownie will become your new favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Vegan mug brownies. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe and instructions.
Regular cocoa powder or dark cocoa powder both work well. I used Hershey’s dark cocoa powder for an even more rich flavor.
Use a creamy all natural nut butter. The only ingredients should be nuts and salt. Any added sugars or oils will yield a much more dry Vegan mug brownie. Almond butter, cashew butter, and peanut butter are great options. For nut free, use sunflower butter.
Almond flour is a great Paleo baking flour. This grain free flour adds some substance to this microwave brownie. I have not tried this with gluten free 1 to 1 flour or all purpose flour. If I had to guess, I would say that only 1 tablespoon of regular flour would be needed.
Coconut sugar is a delicious refined sugar free option. Feel free to use brown sugar in its place.
Any type of Vegan milk works. Use almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, oat milk or macadamia nut milk.
Lastly, use Vegan chocolate chips to keep this recipe Vegan. If not Vegan, any type of chocolate chip works.
How To Make
First, spray a small mug or ramekin with coconut oil spray.
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Once combined, pour batter into mug.
Next, microwave for 1 minute.
Carefully remove from microwave.
Finally, top with desired toppings and dig in to this Vegan Mug Brownie!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use creamy all natural nut butter. The ingredients should be nuts and salt.
The Vegan mug brownie dough will seem fairly thick.
Since microwaves differ, watch mug cake closely. Microwave until the top looks set.
The mug will be very hot! Use an oven mitt to remove Vegan mug brownie from microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This mug brownie contains only Vegan ingredients. Therefore, it is Vegan. My Vegan recipes page has many more Vegan recipes!
Yes! This brownie in a mug is gluten free and grain free.
Slightly. Mug cakes are usually more cake like and less dense. This gooey mug brownie is rich and fudge like. In addition, a mug cake rises while microwaving.
Any dairy free milk will work. I used almond milk, but cashew milk, light coconut milk or macadamia nut milk will work. For a non Paleo option, oat milk is great too.
Sure! Any drippy (not thick or chunky) nut butter will work. Look for nut butters that use only nuts and salt for their ingredients. Nut butters with added sugars or oils will throw off the consistency. Peanut butter (not Paleo), cashew butter and almond butter work well.
Yes! If doubling, use two mugs. I do not suggest doubling the ingredients and microwaving it all in the same mug. Additionally, the middle will be very under baked in that scenario.
Sure! Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Taste & Texture
This eggless microwave brownie recipe tastes like a mix between a fudge brownie and chocolate cake. It is rich, decadent and chocolaty. This eggless microwave brownie has melted dark chocolate chips too!
The Vegan mug brownie texture is similar to a fudge like chocolate cake. It is dense since it is made without eggs.
It is the best mug brownie!
You May Also Like
If you make this Vegan mug brownie recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Mug Brownie
- First, spray a small mug or ramekin with coconut oil spray.
- Next, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour batter into mug.
- Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Then, microwave for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove from microwave (it is HOT!).
- Finally, garnish with desired toppings and serve!
- Any drippy nut butter can be used.
- Dough will be thick.
- Any dairy free milk will work!
- Microwave for 1 minute. Brownie might be a little gooey in the middle.
- Use an oven mitt to remove from microwave.
Love this healthy brownie mug cake? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!