Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies
These Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies are light, fresh and so tasty! These cookies have a similar texture to my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, but they have strong orange flavor. In addition, these cookies have crispy edges and a soft center. They are chewy, healthy and delicious!
GHEE OR GRASS FED BUTTER: To give these cookies that classic buttery flavor, use ghee or grass fed butter. For a dairy free cookie, replace the 1/4 cup ghee with 1/4 cup coconut oil, for a total of 1/2 cup coconut oil in these cookies.
COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil is the other baking fat. Refined coconut oil has no flavor, whereas unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor. Use your personal preference.
COCONUT SUGAR: These Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar. It’s a common Paleo granulated sweetener.
ALMOND FLOUR: Almond flour is the main flour used in these cookies.
COCONUT FLOUR: A little coconut flour adds some texture and much needed density to these cookies.
EGGS: Use room temperature eggs for best results.
ORANGE JUICE AND ZEST: The juice and zest of one average sized orange is needed!
DRIED CRANBERRIES: I used unsweetened dried cranberries for these cookies. They’re not overly sweet, but they add a nice pop of flavor and color.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: baking soda, vanilla extract, coconut butter
First, cream together the ghee or grass butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
Then, sift in almond flour and coconut flour.
Mix in both eggs before adding the remaining ingredients (except dried cranberries).
Fold in dried cranberries. Wrap dough in tin foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to overnight).
Remove dough from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Press down slightly with hand.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until edges are crispy and middle is set.
Remove from oven and cool on pan for 5 minutes. Then, place orange cranberry cookies on a cooling rack.
Next, make glaze. Melt coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then, stir in coconut butter and orange juice and zest. Drizzle glaze over the cooled orange cranberry cookies.
How To Bake with Almond Flour
Almond flour is a common Paleo and grain free baking flour. It is significantly less absorbent than traditional wheat flour or even gluten free 1 to 1 flour. I love to use almond flour and coconut flour together since coconut flour is very absorbent. Together, they create the perfect flavor and texture of these Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies. See my Gluten Free Flours and Gluten Free Baking blog post for more information!
How To Store
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature. For best results, store wrapped in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I’d love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies
- 1/4 cup ghee or grass fed butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- First, add ghee, coconut oil and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid. Beat for 1 minute on high.
- Then, sift in almond flour and coconut flour. Stir to combine.
- Add both eggs and stir.
- Next, add remaining ingredients (except dried cranberries) and stir until mixed.
- After that, fold in dried cranberries.
- Wrap tin oil over bowl and place dough in fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
- After 30 minutes, remove dough from fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop cookies. Place balls of dough at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Slightly flatten each cookie with fingers.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until edges are crispy and middle is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- Then, carefully remove cookies to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- To make orange glaze, melt coconut oil in the microwave. Then, stir in coconut butter and orange juice and zest. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Lastly, drizzle glaze over cooled orange cranberry cookies.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
One Comment on “Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies”
Yum! I love the orange cranberry combo!