Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Say good morning to these Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins! I’m a huge chocolate lover but lemon is one of my other favorites. These nut free muffins are great for breakfast or a snack. In addition, these muffins are light, fresh, and perfect for any time of the year!
Coconut flour is a great Paleo baking flour. In addition, this flour is Nut Free. Since coconut flour is extremely absorbent, it’s important to let the batter rest for 5 minutes after mixing and before baking. Read more about coconut flour in my Guide to Gluten Free Flours.
Coconut sugar or maple sugar can be used in these muffins.
Rich in manganese and antioxidants, these little seeds add the perfect texture to these Paleo lemon poppy seed muffins.
Baking soda is the leavening agent used to help these muffins rise.
The juice and zest of one lemon adds a pop of flavor.
Almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk will work well!
Four eggs give these muffins the perfect cake like texture and rise.
I suggest using a light flavored oil, such as light olive oil.
Melted coconut butter acts as the perfect glaze!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Then, sift together coconut flour and coconut sugar. Add in baking soda and poppy seeds.
In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Next, combine wet and dry ingredients until mixed.
Let dough sit in mixing bowl for 5 minutes before pouring into muffin liners.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Keep a close eye on these so they don’t over bake.
Finally, melt coconut butter. Stir in lemon juice and glaze muffins.
How to Store
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. Store in fridge for up to 4 days.
Other Paleo Muffins:
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Flourless Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
If you make this Paleo lemon poppy seed muffins recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (Nut Free)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Next, sift together coconut flour and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Add in poppy seeds and baking soda.
- Then, whisk together lemon zest and juice, dairy free milk, eggs and olive oil. Pour this wet mixture into the flour mixture.
- Once combined, let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Next, evenly divide muffin batter into 9 liners. Fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven and serve.
- To make the glaze, melt coconut butter. Stir in lemon juice and glaze muffins.
- Nutrition facts include lemon glaze.
- Be sure to measure coconut flour correctly. It is very absorbent.
- Either use muffin liners or generously spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store muffins covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Love these Paleo lemon poppy seed muffins? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!