PALEO LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
Say good morning to these Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins! I’m a huge chocolate lover but lemon is one of my other favorites. These nut free muffins are great for breakfast or a snack. In addition, these muffins are light, fresh, and perfect for any time of the year!
Ingredients for Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
COCONUT FLOUR: Coconut flour is a great Paleo baking flour. In addition, this flour is Nut Free. Since coconut flour is extremely absorbent, it’s important to let the batter rest for 5 minutes after mixing and before baking. Read more about coconut flour in my Guide to Gluten Free Flours.
COCONUT SUGAR: Coconut sugar or maple sugar can be used in these muffins.
POPPY SEEDS: Rich in manganese and antioxidants, these little seeds add the perfect texture to these Paleo lemon poppy seed muffins.
BAKING SODA: Baking soda is the leavening agent used to help these muffins rise.
LEMON JUICE & ZEST: The juice and zest of one lemon adds a pop of flavor.
DAIRY FREE MILK: Almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk will work well!
EGGS: Four eggs give these muffins the perfect cake like texture and rise.
OLIVE OIL: I suggest using a light flavored oil, such as light olive oil.
COCONUT BUTTER: Melted coconut butter acts as the perfect glaze!
How to Make Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Then, sift together coconut flour and coconut sugar. Add in baking soda and poppy seeds.
In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Next, combine wet and dry ingredients until mixed.
Let dough sit in mixing bowl for 5 minutes before pouring into muffin liners.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Keep a close eye on these so they don’t over bake.
Finally, melt coconut butter. Stir in lemon juice and glaze muffins.
How to Store Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. Store in fridge for up to 4 days.
Other Paleo Muffins:
- PUMPKIN MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
- APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
- FLOURLESS BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
Get the Recipe: Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (Nut Free)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Next, sift together coconut flour and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Add in poppy seeds and baking soda.
- Then, whisk together lemon zest and juice, dairy free milk, eggs and olive oil. Pour this wet mixture into the flour mixture.
- Once combined, let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Next, evenly divide muffin batter into 9 liners. Fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven and serve.
- To make the glaze, melt coconut butter. Stir in lemon juice and glaze muffins.