Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
These Paleo Zucchini Muffins are golden and crispy on the outside and soft and warm in the center! These muffins are super easy to make and they are filled with mini chocolate chips. They are a great easy breakfast, quick snack, or healthy dessert!
These soft and fluffy muffins are incredibly delicious! The grated zucchini adds the perfect amount of moisture. I love making these to have on hand for breakfasts and snacks!
Why This Recipe Works
I’ve been making and loving these Paleo Zucchini Muffins for years now. Read on for my favorite way to eat vegetables:
- These muffins are soft and fluffy with crispy golden edges.
- They are made with healthy ingredients.
- These zucchini muffins are Paleo, grain free, gluten free and dairy free!
- This is a recipe that doesn’t taste healthy.
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Grate zucchini. Use a paper towel to squeeze out excess moisture. Be sure that all water is squeezed out.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Then, fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into muffin liners and fill up about 3/4 of the way to the top. Garnish with extra chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for about 16 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow the Paleo zucchini muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use zucchini noodles?
Yes! Chop zucchini noodles into bite sized pieces and squeeze out moisture before adding to the batter.
Can I use regular chocolate chips?
Of course. I used mini chocolate chips but normal chocolate chips work well too.
Should I peel zucchini for muffins?
Zucchini does not have to be peeled before making these muffins.
How should I store leftovers?
Store leftover Paleo Zucchini muffins in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Grate zucchini. Use a paper towel to squeeze out ALL excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Next, fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full. Garnish with extra chocolate if desired.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Squeeze out ALL moisture from grated zucchini. It is very important to not have a watery batter.
- Zucchini noodles can replace grated zucchini. Cut zucchini noodles into small pieces and squeeze out all moisture before adding to the bowl.
- If the muffin tops are getting too golden before the muffins are done baking, add a piece of aluminum foil on top and continue baking.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!