Homemade Chunky Granola with Macadamia Nuts
This Homemade Chunky Granola is way better than anything store bought! In fact, you’ll never buy store bought again. This macadamia nut granola is easy to make and so crispy. It it versatile and can be enjoyed many ways. In addition to being Paleo and gluten free, this granola is made with healthy ingredients. I promise you’ll never go back!
EGG WHITE: A whisked egg white helps the granola clump together.
MACADAMIA NUTS: Macadamia nuts are a little sweet, slightly creamy and a little buttery. In addition, they are a healthy fat.
ALMONDS: Almonds are crispy, crunchy and they are the perfect addition to this macadamia nut granola.
COCONUT FLAKES: Coconut flakes add a little sweetness.
PECANS: Loaded with vitamins and minerals, pecans add a pop of crunch to the granola.
CHIA SEEDS: Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants and have become known as a super food. Additionally, these seeds help bind the granola together.
FLAX SEEDS: Flax seeds have a myriad of health benefits. They’re a popular super food.
MAPLE SYRUP: Maple syrup is a common Paleo liquid sweetener. In this case, its sticky nature helps create those sought after chunks of granola.
VANILLA EXTRACT: The vanilla extract adds just enough flavor!
COCONUT OIL: Use refined coconut oil for no flavor, or unrefined for a slight coconut flavor. In addition, use room temperature coconut for this recipe.
CINNAMON: A little bit of cinnamon goes a long way in flavoring this granola.
SEA SALT: Totally optional. If many of the nuts you use are already salted, feel free to skip.
How to Make Homemade Chunky Granola
First, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, whisk together egg white and water.
Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Then, blend until chunky.
Next, spread granola into one even layer on baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Then, cover granola with aluminum foil. Return to oven.
Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for at least 2 hours. Finally, break granola into chunks.
How to Make Homemade Granola Clumpy
- Whisk egg and water completely.
- To make granola clumpy, spread into one even layer before baking.
- Allow granola to cool at least 2 hours, if not more.
- Once completely cooled, break granola into chunks.
How to Enjoy
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Homemade Chunky Granola with Macadamia Nuts
- First, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, whisk egg white and water together.
- Add all ingredients (including egg white) to a food processor or blender. Process just a few times, until nuts are broken up.
- Spread granola into one even layer on baking sheet.
- Then, bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place a piece of aluminum foil over the granola.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven. Cool granola on pan for at least 2 hours.
- Finally, break granola into pieces and enjoy!