Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Keto & Paleo)
These Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are super easy, incredibly flavorful, and perfectly spicy. Only 25 minutes start to finish, they are great for lunch, dinner or a healthy meal prep. This Whole30 ground chicken recipe is a crowd favorite!
These Keto and Paleo Buffalo Chicken meatballs are hearty, savory and great for dinner! Serve with cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash for a delicious healthy meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These Whole30 chicken meatballs are always a huge hit. Here is why:
- These meatballs are made in less than 30 minutes.
- They are a great Whole30 ground chicken recipe!
- They are similar to buffalo chicken dip, but great to eat by themselves too.
- Serve alone for a fun appetizer or with cauliflower rice for a full meal.
- They are the perfect amount of spicy.
- These Paleo meatballs are made without breadcrumbs, without dairy, without cream and without cheese.
- This recipe is Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Grain Free, Gluten Free, and Sugar Free.
To make these Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, add ground chicken, almond flour, garlic, egg, ground pepper and salt to a mixing bowl.
Next, brush hands with olive oil to prevent sticking. After that, use your hands to combine the mixture. It will be moist and slightly sticky.
Form 1 inch to 1.5 inch meatballs and place them on a plate; then continue for the rest of the mixture.
Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Gently add meatballs to the skillet.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until completely cooked through, at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
Then, add buffalo sauce to the skillet and use spatula to spread sauce over all the meatballs.
Finally, remove from heat and garnish with green onions and Whole30 Ranch if desired.
- Brush olive oil on hands to prevent sticking when forming these Whole30 chicken meatballs.
- Form meatballs into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Flip meatballs several times until cooked through.
- Use more or less buffalo sauce based on desired level of spice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use slightly less buffalo sauce to cut down on spice. Alternatively, dip in Whole30 ranch for a creamy way to reduce heat.
Sure! Bake meatballs at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until meatballs are 165 degrees Fahrenheit internally. Then, add buffalo sauce to a large bowl and and toss meatballs in sauce.
Yes, Frank’s Original hot sauce is Whole30 approved. Some of the flavors are NOT compliant, but the original is fine for Whole30.
Yes, these healthy Whole30 chicken meatballs are Keto. In fact, there are only 3g net carbs per serving.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more Whole30 ideas, see my Whole30 recipes page and Ultimate Guide to Whole30.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Keto & Paleo)
- First, add ground chicken, almond flour, minced garlic, egg, pepper and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Brush a little olive oil or coconut oil on your hands to prevent sticking.
- Use your hands to combine the mixture.
- Once combined, form 1 to 1.5 inch meatballs. Place meatballs on a plate and continue until meat mixture is used up.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Gently place meatballs in skillet in one even layer. Do not stack.
- Then, cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, flipping several times until fully cooked through.
- When meatballs are cooked through, add buffalo sauce to the skillet. Use spatula to spread around buffalo sauce until meatballs are covered.
- Next, remove from heat. Finally, garnish with chopped green onions if desired.
- Serve with Whole30 ranch and celery if desired.
- Brush olive oil on hands to prevent sticking. This makes forming the meatballs much easier.
- Form meatballs into 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. Try to make meatballs the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Chicken is done cooking when it has reached an internal temperature of at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are several great Whole30 buffalo sauce options. My favorites are Primal Kitchen Foods or The New Primal.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, add meatballs to a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Heat on low until warmed through.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!