Easy Instant Pot Hot Dogs
These easy Instant Pot Hot Dogs will completely transform the way you make hot dogs! This super easy method is ready in 10 minutes or less. It does not require a grill or boiling water. The Instant Pot pressure cooker does all the hard work for these perfectly steamed hot dogs in JUST 10 minutes!
After pressure cooking these hot dogs, I grilled them for 1 minute to get those grill marks!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Making hot dogs has never been so quick and easy.
- This recipe is made without a grill, without a steamer, without splitting the hot dogs and without buns.
- This is the best way to make a lot of hot dogs at once.
- Make up to 20 hot dogs at the same time.
- If feeding a crowd, this is significantly more quick than boiling or grilling.
- Clean up is a breeze!
- Without the bun, this recipe is Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Sugar Free.
How To Make
First, add water and hot dogs to Instant Pot.
Secure lid and move valve to Seal.
Set timer to ZERO minutes. The hot dogs will cook as the Instant Pot builds pressure.
Once the timer goes off, carefully move valve to Vent.
After the pressure is released, remove lid. Remove hot dogs from pot and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can steam hot dogs in an Instant Pot. This recipe details exactly how to steam them using your pressure cooker.
These hot dogs technically have a cooking time of zero minutes. While your Instant Pot is building pressure, the hot dogs are being steamed.
This is totally personal preference. I stick with Applegate and Pederson’s since those are Whole30 approved and sugar free.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The Instant Pot will take some time to build pressure. While it is building pressure, the hot dogs are being steamed.
What to Serve With
There are so many possibilities when it comes to hot dog toppings! Add some chili for a chili dog. I am partial to this Whole30 Bacon Chili. Trying add sauerkraut for another delicious idea.
To keep this recipe Whole30 approved and Paleo, add hot dogs to a baked potato or sweet potato. Top with onions, Whole30 Ketchup, relish or mustard.
Top hot dogs with guacamole for fun twist on hot dogs! Add some cooked crispy bacon bits for a hearty and savory combination.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Easy Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 cup water
- Instant Pot
- First, add water and hot dogs to Instant Pot.
- Secure lid and move valve to Seal.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for zero minutes. (Yes, zero!)
- Once the Instant Pot comes to pressure, the timer will go off. Using an oven mitt, move valve to Vent.
- Carefully take off lid.
- Finally, remove hot dogs from the pot and serve!
- This recipe can be made with up to 20 hot dogs.
- Set timer to ZERO. The Instant Pot will build pressure and thus, cook the hot dogs.
- My Instant Pot took about 8 minutes to build pressure for 6 hot dogs.
- Wear oven mitts and carefully move valve to Vent once the timer goes off.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- After cooking in Instant Pot, place hot dogs on the grill for 1 minute to add grill marks if desired.
Love super easy meals? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!