This viral date bark recipe features a delicious combination of Medjool dates, peanut butter, chocolate, and granola. It resembles the flavor profile of a Snickers bar, making it an ideal guilt-free treat to have on hand in your freezer. It is both vegan and gluten free.
The foundation of this bark consists of Medjool dates, generously layered with creamy peanut butter, crunchy granola, and melted chocolate. The result is an authentic Snickers bar taste that is undeniably addictive!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This TikTok viral date bark is so fun!
- It features pantry staple ingredients.
- In fact, you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
- This bark tastes like a Snickers bar.
- The chocolate and peanut butter combination is delicious and classic.
- Kids and adults love this recipe.
- It is naturally grain free, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
- Check out this Banana Bark or this Strawberry Bark for another fun snack recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for this date bark. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use Medjool dates. Pit them and then split them in half. Do not break them all the way apart.
Use creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter. Use nut butter made from only nuts and salt. For a nut free option, use sunflower butter.
Feel free to use your favorite granola. For another crunchy option, use peanuts, walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
Dark chocolate chips add the perfect amount of richness and decadence. If you prefer, use milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate.
Coconut oil helps thin out the melted chocolate. In addition, coconut oil helps harden the chocolate when chilled. Use refined coconut oil for a neutral flavor. Unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor.
Lastly, sprinkle flaky sea salt on top!
Taste & Texture
This date bark tastes like a Snickers bar! The dates taste like caramel. The chocolate peanut butter combination is so tasty!
This bark is crunchy and creamy. It has various flavors and textures.
How to Make
First, line a pan with parchment paper.
Remove the pits from the dates. Split the dates open (but not fully in half) and place them touching together on the parchment paper. Press down with your hands slightly.
Spread the creamy peanut butter on top.
Sprinkle the granola on top.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir until completely smooth and creamy. Spread the melted chocolate on top.
Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
Lastly, remove from the freezer. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best date bark.
Remove the pits from the dates.
Arrange the dates on a parchment lined pan touching each other. This sets up the base.
Use creamy drippy peanut butter.
Be careful when melting the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Do not burn.
Allow this bark to fully harden before enjoying.
How to Serve & Store
Serve this date bark for an afternoon snack or healthier dessert. It is great by itself.
Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month. Do not store at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sure! Use almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter instead.
It lasts about a month in the fridge or freezer. I doubt it will last that long though!
I highly recommend Medjool dates because they are larger and more naturally sweet. If needed, regular dates work fine too.
Top this bark with coconut flakes, peanuts, walnuts, peanuts, or almonds. For a fun and festive treat, top with sprinkles!
USA Pan 3 Piece Cookie Sheet Set: I love these pans for this bark recipe.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: Line the pan with a parchment paper sheet.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes)
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
If you make this date bark recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Date Bark
- First, line a pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the pits from the dates. Split the dates open (but not fully in half) and place them touching together on the parchment paper. Press down with your hands slightly.
- Spread the creamy peanut butter on top.
- Sprinkle the granola on top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir until completely smooth and creamy. Spread the melted chocolate on top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Finally, remove from the freezer. Cut into pieces and enjoy! Store in the fridge.
- Make sure the dates are all touching. This creates the base layer.
- Feel free to use creamy almond butter or cashew butter if desired.
- Carefully melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Do not burn.
- Allow this bark to fully harden before enjoying.
- Store in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month.
Love this healthy date bark? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!